Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Old Car

PaulT

Well I've been looking for a while and finally spotted a nice car a couple of weeks ago---it's a fresh import Toyota Soarer GTT-L.

She's had a service last Thursday and all seems ok, and today I got the last few electronic bits sorted out. This car had the dreaded blinky dash problem which affects a lot of the older limited edition models but now it is all sorted. Also the 112mph speed restriction has gone (on principle :lol: ) and the speedo now displays mph and not kmh.

Also took the opportunity to get the radio extended to UK FM frequencies :thumbsup:

Some more info:

* Made in October 1992

* 43000 miles on the clock

* 280bhp twin parallel turbo 2.5l 1JZ-GTE engine, automatic transmission

* TEMS electronic dampers

* A button to automatically fold in the wing mirrors (limited edition spec) :D

* Cheaper to insure than a non-turbo Supra :thumbsup:

Took some pics:

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Things aren't quite perfect, though. That error message you can see on the dash is caused by the foglight fitter lopping two of the four brake lights out of the brake circuit and putting brighter bulbs in and wiring them to a foglight switch. The diagnostic system now only sees two brake bulbs and therefore reports a fault. I think it can be fixed by adding a couple of 50 ohm resistors in parallel with the existing brake bulbs to simulate the impedance of another couple of working bulbs, but that can wait for another day.

On the plus side, there's no unattractive dangly foglight :thumbsup:

Hopefully bring it to JAE this year :thumbsup:

Paul.

Very nice :thumbsup:

Theres a silver one that I see round my way most mornings on the way to work, Nice cars :yes:

Looks cool man, i'd leave the error message up and when people ask what it means you can say whatever springs to mind :lol:

"its means the passenger ejector seat is going to fire in 5secs"

"its the car welcoming me and wishing me a nice day"

you get the idea ;) :lol:

Sat in RussMr2's Soarer, stunning cars..

Yeah, I would make something up about the error message, 'Turbo's running at 110%'... :P

Looks quality, love the knight-rider instrument display!

Very nice.... ;) do you get a "chime" with the error message????

They all have retracting folding mirrors though ;)

Very nice.... ;) do you get a "chime" with the error message????

It's more of a bong than a chime :D Perhaps I can make a tune if I unwire some other bits?

Luckily there is a scroll button so you can still get the display to show time/outside temperature.

They all have retracting folding mirrors though ;)

Bummer! So is it just the wood that I get extra? :lol:

Paul.

Nice car mate ! They look crackin !

Was the wood extra though or was that in the cheap ones :lol::lol:

;) Ooh a Corolla and a Soarer - some people have all the luck

I'm afraid the Corolla is going to have to go :crybaby: 470bhp on the drive is a bit of an extravagence for me at the moment!

Am thinking of a fuel-efficient small car with a 1l engine, either a P2 Yaris or perhaps an Aygo if they will put some TTE bits on at the factory :thumbsup:

Paul.

Yes mate, as part of the "L" package, you get TEMS, wood, front and rear spoiler, Dot matrix dash, better sounbd system with 8" sub in the rear shelf and a few extra bongs and chimes :P

I you have the air purifyer in the rear shelf, that is an extra too...

Enjoy :D

If you look at the LSOC (www.lexusclub.co.uk) there is an editorial on installign a fog light and not annoying the light diagnostics system ;)

Yes mate, as part of the "L" package, you get TEMS, wood, front and rear spoiler, Dot matrix dash, better sounbd system with 8" sub in the rear shelf and a few extra bongs and chimes :P

Yeah, I am quite impressed with the sound system. That sub is great, Linkin Park sound really good :thumbsup:

If you look at the LSOC (www.lexusclub.co.uk) there is an editorial on installign a fog light and not annoying the light diagnostics system ;)

Cool, thanks. Looks like they are using the spoiler LED strip as the fog light, which appears to meet all the rules ok. The LEDs don't get treated in the same way as the bulbs by the diagnostic system. I guess they never blow.

Paul.

Premium toyota sound systems do seem really good... I loved the stock one in my GTT-L. the one in my mr2 was awesome too... two subs as stock :D

I believe there are other foglight fixes too, that use the brake lights, but when not in use you still have all 5.... This is what I intend to do on my supra... I have lost the distructions on how to do it though :lol:

Yeah, I am quite impressed with the sound system. That sub is great, Linkin Park sound really good :thumbsup:

linkinpark bit of a shock that u like ole'linkin park mate

but shes looking good dude need to see her in flesh

It does look good fella ..

After Reading meet it looks like I need a green uber barge to join the gang now ..

Paul,

Glad to see you got it ok and your pleased :thumbsup:

kimi x

I need a DSG Twin turbo "R" to blend in :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links