Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Couple Of Minor Things

Guest Deadlock

Guest Deadlock

Hi, I need some advice on a couple of small jobs.

1) My passenger mirror isn't responding to the control, I've checked the wiring under the driver's instrument panel and everything seems clean and tight, no loose wires. Can the motors go in the mirror units?

2) My wipers aren't returning to the correct position. I have to keep them active then stop them when they're "home" . The wiper stalk has a different control to the last MR2 I had, there's a rotational speed switch for the Intermittent / Mist position, but no matter what position its the same speed, and never stops. Would this be a relay problem or does it sound like there's something up with the wiper stalk?

Help with these would be appreciated, I know they're not "important" but just knowing there's something wrong bugs me.

Thanks in advance :help:

1) My passenger mirror isn't responding to the control, I've checked the wiring under the driver's instrument panel and everything seems clean and tight, no loose wires. Can the motors go in the mirror units?

2) My wipers aren't returning to the correct position. I have to keep them active then stop them when they're "home" . The wiper stalk has a different control to the last MR2 I had, there's a rotational speed switch for the Intermittent / Mist position, but no matter what position its the same speed, and never stops. Would this be a relay problem or does it sound like there's something up with the wiper stalk?

Help with these would be appreciated, I know they're not "important" but just knowing there's something wrong bugs me.

Its pretty unlikely that both motors would go at the same time, its probably a wiring or switch fault. The best thing to do would be to get a multimeter and check power is going to the motors and if it isnt trace the fault back from there.

Not sure about the wipers. You could try taking the wiper arms off the spline they are mounted on then run the wipers and switch off as normal. Then remount in the right position.

Guest Deadlock

Its pretty unlikely that both motors would go at the same time, its probably a wiring or switch fault. The best thing to do would be to get a multimeter and check power is going to the motors and if it isnt trace the fault back from there.

Not sure about the wipers. You could try taking the wiper arms off the spline they are mounted on then run the wipers and switch off as normal. Then remount in the right position.

Thanks for the ideas. The driver's mirror motor is fine, which led me to think it was a switch fault. I think I'll take the passenger door card off and check the loom in case the previous owner's bodged something together.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links