Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nokia 6280

daktari

It`s that time of year again. Contracts up and a mans fancy turns to seductive slide ups :eek:

My old Samsung D500 has been good but it`s the first non Nokia phone i`ve ever had and TBH the Battery performance is carp. So. The choices have been narrowed down to two phones, The Samsung D600 (They`ve addressed the Battery problem) Or The Nokia 6280. I`ve read a few reviews on the net, but really need some `real world` user info. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

I just got my free upgrade (well.. kind of free upgrade.. changed contracts, got more freebies etc.. and a new number.. just need to cancel old one :lol:) today.. 3 months early.. and i deceided to opt for the Nokia 6280 (with a normal upgrade it would have cost me £100).. anyway.. did you get one?.. what do you think of it?.. i was fed up with Samsung.. last 2 phones i had were Samsung, so opted for the Nokia for a change. Only had it a couple of hours.. so not had time to play yet... tried to do one of them video calls, but it says no UMTS network coverage... wtf is that?

Anyway.. the Radio function is quite cool.. probably never use it though, tones etc are quite loud compared to my old Samsung z500v.. 2MP camera?? hmmm.. not took many pics, but i have seen better, maybe once i get used to how it all works. The graphics in games is pretty good for a phone i suppose.

Like i said.. not used it much.. will see how i get on :lol:

Anyone who needs the new number.. PM me.

Personally I'd avoid Nokia. Never got on with them.

Sony Ericsson all the way for me :thumbsup:

I recently got the N80 and it is an awesome piece of kit.

However, don't expect the slider mechanism to be anywhere near as smooth as the Samsungs. I have a D600 and it is so much smoother than the N80 and this is said to be the case on all Nokia sliders.

If the D600 had wifi I would still be using it as the camera is also much better than my N80.

If I was in your position I would probably plump for the D600. Little things like clever alarm settings and a good quality camera make the difference...unless you can stretchto the N80 for wifi?

I'm sorry I can't comment directly about the 6280 apart from the slider. (Testing them in the shops is usless also as their display models are nowhere near what they feel like.)

:thumbsup:

Personally I'd avoid Nokia. Never got on with them.

Sony Ericsson all the way for me :thumbsup:

I agree, I just ordered the W810i, shame its out of stock at the mo! :lol:

Just sold my D500 to Hou, marvellous little phone, didnt give me any jip at all, but I can't keep a phone very long, I'd never go back to Nokia though - and I used to only have Nokia phones back in the day, but I've been put off them now!

So yeah, anyone with my number will get a text soon with my new number once I get the phone.... :lol::lol:

Well. I opted for the 6280. Took it out the box, charged it etc, etc. Switched it on and .......... Tra la la. Trumpet fanfare...... Nothing. Phoned O2 and went through all the 20 questions rigmarole and still no joy. !Removed! thing. That put me right off. Anyway. I sent it back and got the D600. Ticks all the boxes i need and the camera is a cracking piece of kit. Not that i`ll ever probably use it. So i`m with a Samsung again.

According to a chap at work. The NOKIA 6280 is being withdrawn from sale by Nokia because of reliability issues. Anyone know if thats right? Lucky escape methinks. :yes:

My company phone is a Nokia 6280a, its great.

When someone call me when not in the UK I hear the ringer that the caller hears instead of hearing my ringtone, the phone switches off whenever it wants to. sometimes the loudspeaker is always on. Sometimes the backlight does not switch off. the camera is cr@p

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links