Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fao Those Who Street Race

jay dh

Guys

Went to court today for racing on public road.

THE LAW HAS CHANGED

If you get caught you will like me get a MINIMUM 12 MONTH BAN

Now racing is considered as unacceptable as drink driving. The minimum sentance is 12 months ban!!!!

I have lost everything today guys. My license, My Job, I'll soon lose my house & my missus is packing her things and moving home.

So I'm having a pretty ****ty day

Sooooooooooooooo I'm afraid to say the Soarer is going back to standard and it and all parts will be up for sale in the near future.

Then I'm afriad I'll have to bow out of the Soarer world.

Thisnis on par with drink driving but not dangerous driving as the situation ment no members of the public were at risk.

The minimum sentance is 12 months ban the maximum is 10 years I believe. The fine can range from nothing to a whopping £5000.00. The court can also issue an order to retake ur normal driving test, not the extended one if they feel public safety is at risk.

However, unlike dangeous driving or drink driving it is not an imprisonable offence.

Not me.

If he's stupid enough to race on a public road and just as stupid telling everybody about it, I don't have any sympathy at all!

Mmm... I wonder if the wife used this as an excuse to 'get out'. Seems a bit lame to leave him just because of his ban (like he's making out).

He could have killed someone while driving his car an got a lower ban but hey this is the UK we live in.

What was the guy doing? I doubt very much he was in some sort of santapod type race on the motorway? He was probably driving like a tw*t with some other fool very fast and got caught.

He's a tool and now will never do it again. And I bet he now regrets his actions.

But just shows how stupid this country is. I dont condone what he has done or anyone else that drives like a tool they get what they deserve. He should have said he was an illegal and he would have got off maybe they might have given him an 4 bed house?

I'm torn on my opinions.

We all know people who go over the limit and to have had such a large impact on his life is harsh .. job, house and woman (and I agree Caz, not sure if he's lost her, or what).

BUT

He knew what he was doing was illegal. And if caught there may be "tears before bed time".

If it was just speeding then yes it was harsh

But he was caught racing and I don't think that will just be beating somebody across the lights.

My guess is that it follows from one of the "meets" where all the chavs go and do burn outs then race each other up and down the roads.

Personally for that kind of race I think it should be longer than 12 months

Fair enough if you have been racing, but it's one of those offences where the court will rely on the opinion of the officer making the arrest rather than hard evidence.

Even if the police have in-car cameras, I guess they would have to tail the participants for several miles in order to convince a court that a race was taking place. Otherwise it would be silly ...

And 12 months minimum is wrong in my view. Three months should be more than long enough for anybody to figure out that they have behaved stupidly. As Andy said, you could get less for a hit and run.

Paul.

I agree with the fact he got banned, but minimum of 12 months? seems a bit harsh to me :unsure:

Harsh aint the word mate

Like Knowlson said. You could kill someone and get a lighter sentence.

Ive got the sympathy in regards to what has happend to him, everyone races now and again, but getting caught is just stupid and you deserve what you get.

In regards to his mrs leaving him what a !Removed!! She just wanted an easy excuse to get out. He could really do with the suppost at the min, but in some peoples eyes he don't deserve it.

As always, it's difficult without knowing the circumstances.

It's not like many of us have had a little bit of "entertaining driving" in the past, but there is a time and place, even though it was on public roads. For all we know the guy could have been stonking down a 30mph dual carriageway in a built up area at 120mph.

I should say 12 months will be a long painful duration for him to endure. I'm coming to an end of my 6 months without a licence (totally different circumstances mind!) and it's felt like a long, long time. I guess if a particular poilce force/area are having a crack down on this type of racing then yes an example will have been made of this individual case.

Seeing as most "street racing" happens in towns and cities though, my own personal view is it can only be a good thing to calm the drivers down. I must say though if he was on a quiet deserted motorway with no-one else at risk, then bad luck.

Joe

I'm torn on my opinions.

We all know people who go over the limit and to have had such a large impact on his life is harsh .. job, house and woman (and I agree Caz, not sure if he's lost her, or what).

BUT

He knew what he was doing was illegal. And if caught there may be "tears before bed time".

x2 , well put !

I would hate to lose my license but if you race thats what can happen

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy....

He obviously felt the need to prove the size of his manhood (or whatever) by driving like a prat and possibly endangering life - he doesnt deserve a driving licence if he's going to act like a :censor: !

Losing your licence for 12 months would hurt, losing your job would hurt, losing your house would hurt, losing your girlfriend would hurt, but it's all his own fault because he decided to race on a public road. It would hurt millions of times more if some1 you knew lost their lives just because some1 was too selfish to stick to racing on tracks where it's a lot safer to do so. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for some1 like this.

people who drive like grannies are more dangerous imo. like the young tart in a yaris who tried to overtake my van over 200yds round a corner at the same speed as me........lorry nearly got her :P

everyone races now and again, but getting caught is just stupid

Yeah, he meant to get caught! :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the guy, I can't say I've never done anything stupid on the roads! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear it actually, if he was racing on a road then he deserves the punishment IMO. It's silly that we have a legal system which varies so much on it's penalties but then that's really a completely different subject all together! I know no-one is a perfect driver & we all make mistakes before anyone says anything about that ;)

Dont think we know enough. He said they split up at the end of the dual carriage way, he wont be the first to push another car to the end of the carriage way, and if that is what it was it is extreemly harsh. Considering what a hit and run and drunk driving get. He's got my sympathy

If he was racing through a town centre then yeah what would you expect, 1. to get caught and 2. to get punished harshly.

Just looking at the endpoint and with acknowledgement that there is spubik detail provided..... and without bothering to read the dvla info on this 'new' proposal...

nobody was injured or died if its true....

another example of the nanny state being fascist busybodies with hoplessly pathetic treatment to people who havent in effect harmed anyone else imo(even if only yet)

what if... you accelerate to try and overtake somebody and a plod decideds your effectively racing them. 2 cars going at a certain pace, one trying to get ahead of the other etc etc. so i guess most of us might be seen to do it on a daily basis... its harsh whats happened to him imo. I also hope he has some legal recourse to challenge and win against this legal stoopidity.

For those that think the law is 'holier than us all' theres still a law where you can legally shoot somebody dead with a crossbow in a certain graveyard in england at midnight or some shat... sure the laws always right. The law isnt suppossed to discriminate, its supposed to be black and white, which makes that you overtake someone... potentially... some busy defines it as racing and wham...

persoanlly think things are going nuts in the uk....

everyone races now and again, but getting caught is just stupid

Yeah, he meant to get caught! :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the guy, I can't say I've never done anything stupid on the roads! :thumbsup:

No need for the sarcasm :P

Well when racing on a "Public Road" what did he expect???

I'm in the camp that has no sympathy for this guy. Some of the opinions here are making out like he's a victim here, this is the problem with people these days, as the saying goes "if you can't do the time don't do the crime", he broke the law and has to accept his punishment (otherwise it is quite obvious he thought he was doing nothing wrong).

If you get caught doing something you know is illegal you take the punishment on the chin and accept you did wrong, not act like a two year old and make out like you're the victim because you got caught!

what if... you accelerate to try and overtake somebody and a plod decideds your effectively racing them. 2 cars going at a certain pace, one trying to get ahead of the other etc etc. so i guess most of us might be seen to do it on a daily basis... its harsh whats happened to him imo. I also hope he has some legal recourse to challenge and win against this legal stoopidity.

I would guess that if you were both over the speed limit it could be seen as racing, if the other car was actually doing the speed limit then I guess the police would just give you a slap on the wrist for speeding (if you are just overtaking, then I would guess they wouldn't have enought time to record your speed).

I don't get what he's on about that "the law has changed"! He makes it sound as if only yesterday we could race on public roads with no punishment! I understand he means the punishment has gone up but he knew it was illegal he just found it was more illegal than he thought! :P No sympathy for that! He makes it feel as though the laws against crime changed without telling him! It's not like "o if i had known the sentence had gone up i wouldn't have bothered" :P He was gona race regardless of his knowledge of the new law so that seems to be all a load of rubbish for him trying to deny that he was in the wrong! Meh it sucks, but it's illegal, always has been! The sentence length imo is irrelevant! He did something wrong he pays the price. Ok in comparison to other offences this may seem hardly judged! Guess what though....don't overstep the law and it doesn't matter! :thumbsup:

Btw i admit i don't abide by all laws myself 100% of the time, but when you get caught doing them you have to pay the price! No one wants to get caught but if we do we know what the consequences are. If you don't want to take the risk, you don't have to! But yeah as MJ said "Before you do the crime, think about the time brother!" :P

12 months seems fair, If you can get done for drink driving after 2 pints and get a 12 month ban, then I think that he did deserves 12 months to racing on the streets!

No sympathy!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links