Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

M4 Distance Cameras

jay dh

I have been reading reports about cameras between J14-18 that measure ur speed over a certain distance, but people keep telling me they dont exist when all the reports from end 2005 say they were installed...

can anyone shed light on this?

Jay

tbh specs cameras are only mainly used when there are road works on the motorway. once they are finshed they get removed. this this might have been the reason why they were there last year

so when there are roadworks, they dont just have gatso's they have specs too?

no, i can say with 99% certainty that they do not have SPECS between those junctions...

that or the DVLA have the wrong address for me ;)

Seriously for a second, there were rumours that the huge Dot Matrix signs were going to contain them, but it wasnt true. There are the standard traffic cameras, and if your doing 140mph controllers could contact the police to intercept you, but as those cameras dont record, you'd have to be caught in the act by the boys in blue...

The only speed cameras currently active on the M4 wilts/berks are the big yellow boxes in the neverending roadwork zones...

(on a side note, i had an interesting entry in my blog about these roadworks!)

Not that im condoning speeding in any way, shape or form, but you have to balance your travel times out after all the 50 zones and bottlenecks the highways agencies seem to notice, and then promptly stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and shout 'na na na na, im not listening'...

I used to commute 13 -> 14 a lot .. and there were vans/cars from 14 -> 18 while the roadworks were taking place.

The other weekend I did a Reading -> Bristol run and there was nothing until you got to the fixed (S)cameras in the roadworks at Bristol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links