Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scumbag Telesales

Leeky

Im so wound up right now :censor:

I had this freak call me up on my work phone and he started babbling on about something so i asked what company he was calling from and it was some mobile company.

Before i managed to get a work in he started babbling on about my contract so i butted in and told him that this isnt my phone and its a work phone and i dont have any control over the contract so he is wasting his time (in a polite way of course).

Anyway he then asks me how do i make personal calls? to which i replied 'i dont'. He said so you never call your friends and family? to which i replied 'yes, but i do that on the home phone' to which he said 'how much are you paying for your home phone?' to which i replied 'its not my phone its my parents so again its a waste of time asking me'

With that he paused for a moment and lowered his voice (probably so his boss didnt hear) and said ' you know you havent got to make up excuses you know, you can just say so if your not interested...' in a very smug little voice

'interested in what?' i said and as i did say that he hung up on me.

:ffs:

Son of a bitch!

Anyway his number wasnt witheld so i called the company back and spoke to someone. I gave them my mobile number and said that i had a rude call from someone at your office and i'd like to make a complaint. The guy was very apologetic and said he would find out who called me and get them to call me back and appologies :D

So.....think he will call back? :lol:

:lol:

I had something like that...

Told her i was registered with the TPS

"oh sir, were a market survey, were not selling anything, so arent effected by that"

So i enquired to what the market survey was about

"i cant tell you sir"

Can i talk to a superior then

"no"

Can i have your companies details to form a legal complaint against them, oh, and your name and company position

disconnected tone....

God bless the telecoms boom :rolleyes::lol:

I had one yesterday from a well known mobile phone company. Knew my contract was coming up for renewal (How?) I asked him to call me back on my mobile then after a few minutes of seeing what deals he had on offer he asked what phone i wanted, i asked him to hold on while i checked on something. When i went back to the phone half hour later, He`d gone. No patience some people. :lol:

If i want something i`ll ring them. :yes::thumbsup:

:lol:

I had something like that...

Told her i was registered with the TPS

"oh sir, were a market survey, were not selling anything, so arent effected by that"

So i enquired to what the market survey was about

"i cant tell you sir"

Can i talk to a superior then

"no"

Can i have your companies details to form a legal complaint against them, oh, and your name and company position

disconnected tone....

I've had one of those recently - infact they usually tried to call about 4 or 5 times a day for the last 2 weeks, but I was never in to answer. When they did get me, I actually answered the questions though - they were very odd.

Asked how many lived in the house, then what my house mate's name was (bizarrely refering to my housemate as 'he' before they even know if he was male or female!), then asked if he was available to speak to. He wasn't, so told them so, and got a 'thank you and good bye'. :blink:

They then continued trying to get in touch to talk to my house mate. I eventually got sick of it, and told them in a very impolite fasion to go away. :censor: :censor: :ffs: They haven't called since!

I'd love to know what they learnt from their marketing!

I get calls everyday now, regardless of me registering my mobile with the TPS.... :rolleyes:

I've given up answering, and I save the numbers as "Ignore" etc etc so I know not to bother answering, but I get one a day - they know my contract is about to expire then.... :lol:

I figure if its really important, they'll leave me a voicemail.... :lol:

I'm so annoyed...

I bought a new phone on contract from Orange and have had it about 4/5 days now and today I got a "licenced trader of orange" phone me up to offer me a new phone!

I never tick boxes to let people share my details so how do Orange get away with this! I would change networks but their cheapest with the phone I want/have :@

I never tick boxes to let people share my details so how do Orange get away with this! I would change networks but their cheapest with the phone I want/have :@

now thats where your goin wrong. if u read them carefully they will ask you to tick them to not receive any information.

Heh, just start talking in another language and pretend you don't know English.

There is no point half the time in talking to telesales people because its never actually anything worthwhile!

My mum does that when she's in a good mood, and its funny listening to the person on the other end trying to understand, heh.

Besides, its less of a waste of their time too, because they hang up sooner!

I've had about 8-9 calls to my(well parents) house phone over the last two weeks - go along the lines of this-

Me - hello

****** - hello , is this the owner of this number ?

me- no

**hangs up**

Rude little fuc**ng muppet , tryed 1471 to give him some abuse but number unknown . grrrrrr

now thats where your goin wrong. if u read them carefully they will ask you to tick them to not receive any information.

I always read them, some of them say tick to recieve others tick not to recieve... either way I choose not to recieve spam!

Yup I had one today online where it said

Occasionally we may pass your contact details onto selected companies whose products maybe of interest to you. If you wish to take advantage of this service, tick this box

Sneaky ba****ds!! :ffs:

I am also registered with TPS

I just waste the telesales staff time, Its costing them money

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links