Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nitrogen

Bos

One of my local tyre fitters is advertising the advantages of filling tyres with 'Nitrogen' :blink:

They list the benefits as:

1. Improved comfort of ride

2. Improved safety

3. Increased fuel savings of 2%

4. Improved life of tyre by 25% !!!!!!!

Has anyone come across this before and if so did it work and what was the cost ?

If it is worth doing I would have thought that it would be common to see this Nationwide !!!

Yeah i heard about this, its offered at 90% of quality tyre places out there. Apparently better than oxygen....but hey oxygen is free and nitrogen isnt :thumbsup:

Also air is a large %age nitrogen .. (78%)

So you fill up with "air" and all the non Nitrogen leaks out ..

you then top up the 22% with air again. Now you have 95% nitrogen.

This 5% leaks out and you fill up again. Now you have 99% nitrogen in 2 top ups, and it's free ..

ben, do u do any work or just useless maths all day??

Not useless, I've just saved a fiver by not putting nitrogen in my tyres. :thumbsup:

ben, do u do any work or just useless maths all day??

He's sat at his desk posting, clearly.

BTW.. work: where you go to your place of employment and carry out tasks on your employers behalf for money. This does not include activities such as posting, checking out pictures on b3ta or sending emails to your mates. :lol:

Or as most of us call it.... Oxygen. :lol:

(yeah, I know about the Argon, CO2, Neon, Helium, Krypton, SO2, Methane, Hydrogen, Nitrous Oxide, xenon, Ozone, Nitrogen dioxide, Iodine, Carbon monoxide and Ammonia that's hanging in there somewhere :P ).

Or as most of us call it.... Oxygen. :lol:

(yeah, I know about the Argon, CO2, Neon, Helium, Krypton, SO2, Methane, Hydrogen, Nitrous Oxide, xenon, Ozone, Nitrogen dioxide, Iodine, Carbon monoxide and Ammonia that's hanging in there somewhere :P ).

Lol Al was there a point to that or just showing off you know whats in air ;) :P

Yeah i seen this Nitrogen inflation talk before but think its one of those things that probably does help a bit but really no notice and if the racing world etc aint shown doing it it ain't that good seeing as there supposed to be doing all the research on this stuff anyway!

Question for Lord ED

Where is the word Ricers from, America?? I presume it means someone who does up a car badly from what I have read.

NOW THIS THREAD IF OFF TOPIC :lol:

From what I understood Ricers are chaved up Jap Cars. The type you see on Fast & Furious.

Fast Jap Bikes are called Rice Rockets.

I guess it's cause the !Removed! eat lots of rice

I woudn't say ricers are always Chavs in Jap cars (although they usually are...*cough...scumbarus).

Ricers was an American phrase that was started because of young guys in Honda civics etc with daft spoilers and neons

:yes:

Question for Lord ED

Where is the word Ricers from, America?? I presume it means someone who does up a car badly from what I have read.

NOW THIS THREAD IF OFF TOPIC :lol:

RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

Was originally an American insult to modified Japanese cars that were all 'show' and no 'go' (stupid bodykits/shopping lists/pointless additions etc...) Used in a broader sense now and loads of different opinions on what it actually means.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links