Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Needed

meltdown

hi guys wqent to my local morrisons car wash last night and you wont belive what happened.....it ripped the entire middle section of the rear spoiler completely off its fittings...duty manager denied any responsibility etc etc...have i got a case for claiming from them and has anyone experienced a similar problem from auto car washes and what was your outcome cheers guys

When I was younger (about 15 years ago) my Mum had the spoiler ripped off her XR4i in the same sort of way... it was a Shell garage. She claimed off them for around £500.

Might be worth contacting your local citizen's advice bureau.

Nowadays if you use a car wash it is entirely at your own risk, you will most likely not be able to file a claim for the damage down to the spoiler as most companies say that you use the car wash at your own risk and any damage done to your vehicle as a result of using the car wash they will not be liable for.. unfortunately

Try contacting again in writing, inform them the action your going to take if they dont take an action within 14days or so.

-contact local offices (trading standards or some sort)

-seek for legal advice (try and get it free like over the fone to see if you have a case?)

Besides... what the hell are you sticking your car through a car wash for???! ;) :D

most car washes have a disclaimer about aerials and spoilers on them.

Strange thing though........a car wash won't actually wash under a spoiler in the first place ( unless it rips it off first ) so you'd still have to wash at least part of the car yourself anyway.

Good luck with getting this resolved though. It's a bit crappy when something like this happens !

Guest rev3turbo

Besides... what the hell are you sticking your car through a car wash for???! ;) :D

Took the words right out of my mouth there kev :o

silly boy !!

Try contacting again in writing, inform them the action your going to take if they dont take an action within 14days or so.

-contact local offices (trading standards or some sort)

-seek for legal advice (try and get it free like over the fone to see if you have a case?)

Only inform them of the action you are taking IF you are actually taking it!!!

Remember, that they have disclaimers for this type of mishap and can probably afford any action taken against them whereas you probably couldnt foot the loss costs if you did proceed.

Best bet is to talk to CAB but be prepared for the answer and then claim of your insurance.

Then wash the car yourself in future.

It's real unlucky for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links