Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mr2!?

JAY1

Hiyalll

I was at my Toyota dealer (getting my Roadster alloys replaced!), and I was discussing with one of the salesmen what to go for next?.

He asked if I was still thinking about a two seater, then said that production of the roadster had stopped!!!.

So maybe we be getting an MR2 MK4!!!!????.

He said that he was very doubtfull they would drop the MR2

Anyone heard anything??

J

No Mate...

MR2 is no more now. The roadster is the last of them.

The Supra production stopped ages ago with no confirmed replacement although something is coming along under Lexus...

Celica production is also to end soon if it hasn't already.

No Mate...

MR2 is no more now. The roadster is the last of them.

The Supra production stopped ages ago with no confirmed replacement although something is coming along under Lexus...

Celica production is also to end soon if it hasn't already.

:thumbsup:

Been LOADS of chat about it.

Every month somone comes up with "new" pics of the supra that have been around for years.

All 3 cars are dead.

There will be a sporty Toyota to fill the Mr2/Celica spot and a sporty Lexus to fill the Supra spot.

....and it wont be anywhere near as good as the MR2 Turbo.. the Supra TT and the Celica GT4... (IMO)

Gone are the days of Forced induction... <_<

unless your buy a VW, Skoda, BMW, Audi, Saab, Vauxhall, Ford, Subaru, Mitsi, .. you get the idea.

The big turbo junke marques have sold out (Toyota, Nissan, Mazda). Long live the Aygo, Micra and MX5 .. :rolleyes:

....and it wont be anywhere near as good as the MR2 Turbo.. the Supra TT and the Celica GT4... (IMO)

well with toyota anyway, every other bugger, including the likes of Ford and Vauxhaul :yucky: are still managing to create turbo nutter cars (ok boosted 1976 techology for the Ford/Vauxhaul lot) <_<

about the only decent thing rolling out of toyota at the min is the Caldina GT4? but i aint 100% sure if thats still being made? (anyone?)

and theres NO chance youll ever get one of them in the mean time :ffs:

toyota seems intent on selling us things that do 154 miles to the gallon and run on that blue stuff called electric.... but then they did pen the 'Volta' which i would have sold vital organs to own.....

and are they gonna make it..... course they are..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol: .... i lied, toyota sports car dead! :crybaby:

unless your buy a VW, Skoda, BMW, Audi, Saab, Vauxhall, Ford, Subaru, Mitsi, .. you get the idea.

The big turbo junke marques have sold out (Toyota, Nissan, Mazda). Long live the Aygo, Micra and MX5 .. :rolleyes:

In all honesty.. although its a shame.. I cant afford any new cars at the moment. So i dont care.. :P

Im going Honda Next.. oopps.. :!Removed!:

Im going Honda Next.. oopps.. :!Removed!:

I'm there .. but still need boost ..

but honda are still building some nice looking cars, high performance engines and generally stuff that will hold heritage in the future

will you see an Aygo in a museum in X-amout of years...... :lol: course you wont

Yep i sure do know about this....When i was in Toyota at Wigan (weds) i asked the salesman why they dropped the Mr2,,i knew they were finishing last year but i still got one anyway,,,,,,he said they didnt sell that many MR2"s , however he did say that next year Toyota are bringing out a very limited edition of the last MR2,,with extra specs ,,ect and that you get somesort of certificate to say " last MR2 batch" obviosly put more technical than that,,,,,He said that i would be receiving a letter in the post to tell me when this last of, and special ultimate edition will be available...... so you heard it here first chaps......P.P.

I think everyone was thinking it, just no one wanted to say it :crybaby:

the aygo is a good car, if you're after normal its cheap to run and to buy brand new. the MX5 is a very good drivers car and i would like one of the top spec new ones and turbo it £££££££££££££ blimey.......

all the cars are now aiming for the female market and safety, seriously.......... and air bag isn't gonna save you flying through the feilds at around 100 is it really? (theoretically speaking)

Honda is good :thumbsup:

i had a hard choice to get MR2 or save up a bit extra and get an S2K, 50/50 weight dis rear wheel drive and 250 bhp without the need of force induction.

The dream is for an NSX..... :drool: type S? type R? both would give golden showers galore over a skyline GTR :lol::lol:

The dream is for an NSX..... :drool: type S? type R? both would give golden showers galore over a skyline GTR :lol::lol:

And thats even before you opened the door.

Rash had one a while back with a private plate.. and trust me.. the lines looked as good as ever even after 14 years! :yes:

The looks we got while driving about in it were as much if not more than the local 360 owners get as they seem to be as common as muck in comparison.

The Honda S2k isn't "all that". It's a quick, cheap roadster.

The type S NSX is good, but the type R is awesome. Thats not about straight line speed, it's about the whole package.

The 3 cars I threw out there is it's where the companies seems headed.

From the turbo'ed cars, Toyota has moved into the cheap and chearful market (Aygo), Nissan have gone cheap and quirky (the Micra CC etc) and Mazda have gone for the fun and cheap roadster (MX5).

Where Audi roll out the RS4, BMW will have a new M3, Merc have the new SL63's .. even the new VXR Astra is pretty quick for a hatch.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links