Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Computer Related Question

crizzle

I have been told to use firefox to reduce the risk of spyware thingies and it seems to work.

However on some sites including this one the laptop seems to slow down a bit and the fan become noisier and it usually is at random times.

What can I do to fix it?

Nothing wrong there - its ust the CPU working a little bit harder & needs help in cooling down.

My lappy does the same.

J

take it off your knee.. allow air to circulate.

While you are online.

Do you know why my other computer will not swich on?

take it off your knee.. allow air to circulate.

That is so freeky, How did you know? I could of had it on a desk

I like this, It will merge my post into one

I knew because i'm psycohtic or something.. laptop.. lap.. its in your lap because you think thats what its for... you can get a little table type thing that has fans on it, the lap top sits on it.. it plugs into a usb port, and the fans blow air into the bottom of your lap top.. so you can have it in your lap.. about 20 quid from pc world i think.

PC..

Could be a broken hard drive.. but will need more info on what is actually happening when you try to switch it on.. does it beep.. does it make any noises.. post more info... someone guru here might have the answer.

I've damaged one of the USB ports, the other one is in a 4 port hub, and will the fan thing work on the hub?

As for the computer there is no beep, It did beep in the past. There is a noise for about ten seconds. The power light does not come on.

Also on the laptop why does the wireless signal disconnects then reconnect 2-3 times a day? The signal is full

I've damaged one of the USB ports, the other one is in a 4 port hub, and will the fan thing work on the hub?

As for the computer there is no beep, It did beep in the past. There is a noise for about ten seconds. The power light does not come on.

Also on the laptop why does the wireless signal disconnects then reconnect 2-3 times a day? The signal is full

When you have your laptop on your lap just stick a book underneath it so it will help the air circulate under the bottom of the laptop :thumbsup:

With your PC if it doesn't beep any more or make a noise then it's probably you PSU (Power Supply Unit) and will need replacing which are quite cheap ..... but it is probably best to get someone who knows a bit about computers to check it out first before you buy a new one.

With you wifi signal ..... It can either be you router or you modem - you need to eliminate one ;) !

Check it by plugging your modem directly into your computer and see if it still keeps disconnecting you ;) If it doesn't the problems with your router

Yes.. just plug into the usb hub.

274708_01_large.jpg

pc world

Certainly sounds like dodgy PSU. :yes:

As for the Lappy. Mine sounds like a jet taking off at the best of times and most laptop fan speeds will vary with the load on the processor. I stick a tray under mine when I have it on my lap as mine gets very hot and I don't want to toast my spuds! ;)

The fan-thingies that you can put under your laptop vary in quality. Have a look around, get some views on them from people who use them as some are very noisy or some are just plain flimsy. My laptop's noisy enough so I don't use one.

erm... Is this the same PC I fixed. I only bypassed the temp control. Check the fuse in the IEC cable. If its still bugged you will have to bring it round, Ive got a spare PSU, someone will let you in. Dunno when Im back in Hull

Firebox has a bug in it which hog the CPU at random times, I cant find a fix for it yet. Just kill it in taskmanager and reload it.

I have noticed that the last few releases of Firefox have taken up so many system resources. Uses far far to much memory that i want. Its getting annoying so I am using IE7 Beta 2 atm and that works ok for me.

IE7 Beta 2 stinks like yesterdays diapers! I like how they've incorporated the tabbed browsing, but thats sooooo last season, Mozilla was doing that eons ago - Microsoft have no sense of vision, they just seem to be copying everyone else.... that phishing scan is useless and it has serious problems with our work website (and yes, I know its still in Beta, but I expect it to work with a simple web page that works with IE6!)

Give me Firefox any day of the week! IE's lost it.... :rolleyes: Although at least Microsoft seem to have done well with Office 2007, it looks really sharp :)

I have a dodgy fan in my PC, it whirrs like anything, but I call it characteristic, it doesnt really bug me and hey, it does what it says on the tin! :thumbsup:

I have noticed that the last few releases of Firefox have taken up so many system resources. Uses far far to much memory that i want. Its getting annoying so I am using IE7 Beta 2 atm and that works ok for me.

Hoo-!Removed!-ray!

When I called Firefox a resource hog at work the Firefox Mafia had a field day. Strangely, the members of the Firefox Mafia are also in the Ipod Tong! :lol:

I stopped using Firefox because of the resource hogging so I still use IE6. I Tried IE7 but it poxed up my system. That said, I did have Starforce crap on my system which I've now gotten shut of and everything seems okay again so I might try IE7 again.

It's obvious when something starts hogging on my laptop (Inspiron 9100) as it powers up all four fans and nigh on hovers off the desk! ;)

lmao, yeah atm Firefix sees my 2Gb memory and eats it up! And canes my processor :(

i just refuse to use computers fullstop.....

What was you using to do your post?

powers of my mind that YOU could not begin to imagine !!!

You mean you get someone else to read the posts out and then type in your replies for you? ;)

"Take a message..."

Not a bad idea. :thumbsup:

Hi hun, where have you been.

Fuse has been replaced and it is still broke. Just dropped the computer off and you was not there, how quickly can you fix it?

I might get the Akasa Notebook Cooler on Bank Holiday.

What other options are there except Internet Explorer and Firefox?

Find a download for Mozilla 1.8 . No problems with that one ( not for me anyway ). Or you could try Opera, that seems fairly popular.

Since you last saw me I been working on a yacht in Fort Lauderdale for three weeks (one of those weeks was during spring break), then week after I was working on a ferry in Southampton at a weekend (I don’t work weekends). Last week I was on another ferry in Palma for about 7 hours. I was ment to be in Gibraltar on the 30th May on the same yacht, but that’s been cancelled because I have a demo with an American company on 31st May and I’ve booked the 2nd June of work. I’m on the yacht in Antibes from 3rd June – 9th June, so I might sort the computer out when I get back, if that’s ok with you.

Since you last saw me I been working on a yacht in Fort Lauderdale for three weeks (one of those weeks was during spring break), then week after I was working on a ferry in Southampton at a weekend (I don’t work weekends). Last week I was on another ferry in Palma for about 7 hours. I was ment to be in Gibraltar on the 30th May on the same yacht, but that’s been cancelled because I have a demo with an American company on 31st May and I’ve booked the 2nd June of work. I’m on the yacht in Antibes from 3rd June – 9th June, so I might sort the computer out when I get back, if that’s ok with you.

Didn't know you went to sea Nadim :o

Do you work on deck or are you a steward? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links