Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Crossover Installation?

sx_corolla

Hi,

I just got the pioneers TS-C1625 with crossovers. The 6" speaker fits fine into the front door (magnet is small enough) and im sure the tweet will stick nicely on the factory tweet space.

However do I need to use the crossover box supplied or does the mr2 already have existing ones.

Crossover.jpg

If I do need it how do I go abouts in installing the crossover it cause i have no clue to where to hook this up.

Thanks heaps in advance fellaz. My fingers are already killing me from the headunit :(

Heya mate,

ok I'll try and explain as clear as possible but otherwise just say :) nope the mr2 doesnt have existing crossovers.

right basically your Speakers need that crossover box so as to split the signal going to the 6inch speaker and the tweeter, so yeah you do need it, now what you need to do is take the original speaker wire if you wish to use that and connect it up to the input + and - on the cross over box, then more speaker wire goes to the tweeter from the tweeter channel on the crossover box and then the last channel is speaker wire going to the mid range 6" speaker.

However that won't be amazing quality as usually components need a good bit of power to really sing so what most people do is amp them, so youd for example use the front amp output on your head unit and hook up an amplifier to that and then feed the wires from the amplifier direct to the Speakers, this would provide the best quality even if its a crappy amplifier because your feeding the Speakers more power.

oh and I mounted my cross over box behind the door card in the hollow bump area up near the tweeter, its just to the right of the door opening mechanism and will take that cross over box fine :) just means you have nothing on show to attract attention :thumbsup:

hope that sort of helps you but if you wanna know anything more or want me to explain better just say hehe :unsure:

Flamby .. your a star mate!! Thanks heaps for your help.

Just one more question, So your crossover box is in the door frame??

thats alright mate glad I could be of help :D

well the crossover box is not in the actual door frame, its just behind the door card, there is a slight recess where you can put it next to the door handle :) should fit there fine :)

cant put it anywhere in the door frame though cause of the window mechanism :)

hope thats clearer for ya mate :thumbsup: if not just say.

Dan

No worries ... just finished the install today. Thanks heaps for your help again!

(ps: I mounted the crossover in the door .... Hope its a good idea)

No worries ... just finished the install today. Thanks heaps for your help again!

(ps: I mounted the crossover in the door .... Hope its a good idea)

great stuff glad to hear it went ok :D sounds much better yeah?

Hahaha, heaps better. The original system was killing my ears .. so much treble even tho

I had tweaked the settings too!

Thanks again mate!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links