Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rotorstock

GIDDLEPIN

Rotorstock 2006, what can I say?.....................................CRIP (sp) springs to mind

Nothing to do with the small turn out of Tocers, or the not too good weather. I think the biggest disappointment for me was the contrast between the advertised features with all the impressive photographs and the actual event, it was a big fat let down in my opinion.

Knowing what the quarter mile times were would have been nice, but as none of the information boards were working this was a definite no-no. It would even have helped if the commentator had relayed the times on each run but even this wasn't consistent (when you could hear or understand him over the music that is).

Another thing that spoiled it for me was seeing more track clearing action than actual track action, not the fault of the organisers I know, but it did seem a lot of overkill to me, the result of all the delays meant that the programmed "Hot Hour" at the end of the session ended up being a "Hot fifteen minutes" leaving the final shoot-offs with power machines like the...............Nissan Micra ;) and the big boys did manage to squeeze a run in during the last seconds before the track closed at five o'clock sharp.

At least the evening went down well, or should I say the alcohol and curry went down well (thanks for going into town for it by the way earpl :thumbsup: )

Then the morning came, as well as the rain unfortunately. We could hear the track team at about 5.30, desperately trying to get the track dried out for the ten o'clock start but as all they were using was two road sweepers it seemed all they were doing was pushing the water up and down the track. I don't know what time the session started but by eleven thirty I had had enough and decided to leave.

So on the whole the I think the £40 entry fee it cost for the weekend was not really value for money, I'm only pleased I never paid £35 to compete as well.

Would I meet Tocers again?........................................................Definately :yes:

Will I go again?..........................................................................Nah!!!! :rolleyes:

Here are a few pictures for you (In no particular order) :thumbsup:

Resize1.jpg

R20.jpg

R19.jpg

R18.jpg

R17.jpg

R16.jpg

R15.jpg

R14.jpg

R13.jpg

R12.jpg

More pictures ;)

R10.jpg

R9.jpg

R8.jpg

R7.jpg

R6.jpg

R5.jpg

R4.jpg

R3.jpg

R2.jpg

R1.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it, but my car is dying a slow painfull death and wouldn't of made it there :help:

Looks like you made the best of the bad weather though :yes:

Last year they were just as bad with the timming of the quaters miles.

I thought they would of learned from there mistakes.......... but obviously not. :rolleyes:

:kewlpics: Shame it wasnt as good as what you were expecting :huh:

well i think les summed it up very well there :lol:

not quite what it was advertised as was it ;)

i went with sxoc good bunch of guys,but met up with a few from toc too,

as you said it was good meeting up and having a laugh :thumbsup:

i've still gotta sort my pictures out and i know jerrys got loads of pics too.

Well Chris and I werent gonna go down there... but hey.. as you can see we popped down for the saturday afternoon :P

I got to see the rocket car.. which I hadnt before so that was cool and the weather stayed dry for us...

Was great chatting to everyone round the campsitey bit :)

Thanks for the hospitality guys! ;) hehe

And thanks Chris for driving there n back :D and stopping off at Star City on way home for food... tho was rather scary :P

:)

loads of nobs with the following idea..... "if i buy a 200sx and put decals on it that means i can drift!!!!" er.... no you infact all suck!!! and cant drift for s***.

apart from that lots of girly cars with stupid ****le engines......

wasted weekend :yes:

I went today, well done to Adrian Smith who run a 10.5 sec 1/4 mile in the celica, this will be a car to watch at Jap Show at Santa Pod in June

Nice to see earpl brought his "ride" :lol:

Shame about the rest of the weekend for you all though...

A

R2.jpg

I have seen that car driving around in weybridge near me. Now where is the being sick smile :lol:

Poor bloke, last thing you expect to happen!

Nice to see everyone again.

We achieved a new best time at Rotorstock, 10.43s @ 145.5, 1.8s 60ft.

Fastest car on the Sunday, and probably would have won the shootout if we gotten the chance as the only 2 quicker cars broke down after thier qualifying runs.

Plenty more to come from the car, hopefully at Japshow :D

Gaz.

Bit of a letdown really - nice to see a few TOCers again and see the Envy Supra down the track ... but wont be bothering next year.

Roll on santapod and japshow!

rotorsuck really did suck monkey nuts!

strange how all the Mazdas had all the hard stuff to park on <_< while the rest of us made due with the muddy field covered in sheep dung <_<

at least the Pod has nothing to fear over competition, fancy having a drag strip where no bugger can see the times :ffs:

drift area sucked.... best car on there was a shagged old 1.8 LX sierra <_<

but a few friendly faces, a curry and some ale did bring some joy to an otherwise naff weekend :yes:

Just thought I'd add a few more pics to this thread, totally agree with everyones comments. We arrived mid morning on Monday and it looked like a lot of clubs / stalls had already packed up. (No sign of you TOCers :unsure: ) After all the hype I was expecting big things but for me Japfest was more entertaining..

soarer1.jpg

soarer2.jpg

Drifting Soarer

envysup.jpg

Envy Supra

mr2.jpg

Someones MR2

dragonrx7.jpg

Dragon RX7

--

Stu

mr2.jpg

OMG... thats ProjectPrelude's MR2... damnit.. didnt see that lurking around on the sunday... he has only just had that celica headlight conversion done...

Not to my taste.. but would have liked to have seen it in the 'flesh'

I didn't realise TOCers were there :!Removed!:

We arrived late Sunday after pulling another MK1's engine apart. Camped over in the cold and tried to enjoy Monday, but found myself getting a bit bored as the SC was slipping the alternator belt (loose pulley) and obviously didn't drag it as a result.

It would have been good to meet up with people again...

we were fed up at around 11am on monday and went home.... very very poor show <_<

finally got round to sorting my pictures

PHOTOS

shamelessy stole a couple off jerry too :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links