Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggg

Karma Supra

I am not impressed....

Infact it could be said that I am thoroughly unimpressed...

As you all know I have been having a total nighmare getting my car sorted, I'll not bore you all with the recap there....

The crank, block and rods have been at the engineering shop for a year now, and they have only just decided to tell me that "there is nothing we can do".... this means that I need to buy a brand new crank from toyota, new big end bearings and new main bearings.... This comes to a grand total of £782... Not only is this !Removed! annoying, but they could have told me this a year ago... to save a lot of faffing about.....

Any other engine I could easily fine spares and get it rebuilt, but noooooooooo I have to have the uber rare one.... I could even buy and probably fita 3.0 twin turbo mkiv supra engine for that money.... but It would make no sense.... I have already spend about £400 on gaskets, £300 on getting the head re worked by the F1 guys, £1500 on turbos, £170 on engine specific intercooler and £120 on an engine specific BOV.. £100 or so getting the block prepped...Not to mention the Mines ECU! I feel forced to spend the extra as the losses outweigh the gains!!!! I still need to buy a radiator, tyres for the new wheels and all fluids too!!! :ffs: :help:

Yes it will all be "better then new" and it has been done in the best humanly possible way.... but it seems to be one big setback after another!!! :crybaby:

AARRRRRGGGGGGGG

Goooooooooooosfraaaaabaaaaa :!Removed!:

Get a stroker kit for it .. then you'll have more displacement and a new crank etc ..

Get a stroker kit for it .. then you'll have more displacement and a new crank etc ..

They cost loads though. Motoring was never cheap :crybaby:

Even if I could find a stroker kit for it.... (custom made is not an option!!!) there is no way on gosds green earth I could stump up the £3k plus for it!!!!!!

AS much as I'd love the HKS one! (that they stopped making years ago)...

Even if I could find a stroker kit for it.... (custom made is not an option!!!) there is no way on gosds green earth I could stump up the £3k plus for it!!!!!!

AS much as I'd love the HKS one! (that they stopped making years ago)...

how about other parts. Didn't you say it was the same as the IS200?

I'm looking into it..... the block is the same, but the similaries end there...

I am hoping someone makes uprated lower compresion internals for boosted is200s.... that doesn't cost the earth....

Is there nothing the engineering shop can do because the crank is genuinely knackered or because they can't be bothered with dealing with it?

Might be worth finding a different shop if you suspect the latter... Preferably one that doesn't take a year to do nothing :)

Nothing that can be done.....

needs about 15-20thou removing, undersized bearings only go up to 10 thou.

They said they could doa lot of custom machining and get bearings from something totally different to fit.... bt its not exactly "ideal" and would still cost about £500....

That sucks the big one dude :(

Can you not sell your 1G bits and go 2jz?

What a shame :crybaby: Is it not worth selling the bits of the engine you have already as parts and then doing as Lee says and get a completely new engine?

Paul.

It could be an idea..... but not many people have 1G supras that they are tuning... plus there are at least £500 or more worth of stock toyota parts for it... there is no way I'd get my money back on them!

Still this engine will be totally mint, and "better" then new.... in better condition then any second hand engine I'll get.... plus it will be kinda cool having the fastest 1G supra in the uk ;) I like the fact that a 1G fits perfectly, is nice and light over the front axle (compared to all the others!). I think the car will be worth more will a fully fully sorted original engine, plus it looks cool :P

Do you mind changing your thread title as its not descriptive.

Fizz mate... I think its very descriptive :thumbsup:

Fizz mate... I think its very descriptive :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: :P

If it was any more descriptive infact... it would not be publishable on a family forum ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links