Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cardata - Scumbags - List Of Contact Numbers

Leeky

Hi all,

I've had 3 calls now from this Cardata company this weekend alone (regular as clockwork whenever i sell a car). I have only advertised the car on the Autotrader and then they call up i ask why they are calling me when i said in the ad i didnt want any telesales and they say that they dont get my ad from autotrader :rolleyes: Yeah right, so i started saving their phone number into my phone every time i sell a car and i have collected a little list which i thought i would share with you all :)

Please copy and reply adding any other telephone numbers they have contacted you on to this list so we can keep up to date :thumbsup: I have saved these numbers in my phone as rude words :lol: But i will leave it up to you to decide :thumbsup:

Scum <_<

It took all of a few hours until I got a call from these people when I was selling my first car. I just said 'no, not interested' and hung up. The 'No Canvassers' thing doesn't work.

How about saying you're registered with TPS and you have not granted permission to be contacted in this way from a commercial party. Like Ian suggested in another thread - demand to speak to their manager.

I know it's annoying but they're paying for the call so you might as well. Either that or edit your ad and specifically say No calls from Car Data or other agencies :)

No calls from Car Data or other agencies :)

The thing is i did, i put ' No telesales or cold callers please - no interest in advertising elsewhere'.

Oh but of course they wouldnt have read that, seeing as they dont get my ad from autotrader :rolleyes: the only friggin place i've put it :lol:

No calls from Car Data or other agencies :)

The thing is i did, i put ' No telesales or cold callers please - no interest in advertising elsewhere'.

Oh but of course they wouldnt have read that, seeing as they dont get my ad from autotrader :rolleyes: the only friggin place i've put it :lol:

Yeah - I just wondered if it might pack more of a punch mentioning the company name. But you're probably right. Annoying people! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

good tip...

when they call, say "who am i speaking to"

they'll say "bob" (if its a female voice, worry)

then ask for their full name and job title...

most will hesitate, but they are legally obliged to provide this information ;)

then ask for the full name of their supervisor and divisional manager...

if you get that far, you ask to speak to one of them..

then its a case of explaining you are forming a legal case for harrasment and that if you recieve one more call from them your solicitor will be taking direct action against 'the three names you got'..

Since I put my ad in Auto Trader I've had calls from these people, but, to be fair, since I said no thanks, I'm not interested they've not called me back since. My ad goes in again tomorrow though, so they'll prob call again then... :rolleyes:

excellent advice ian,

i will be putting the thunder grey t sport up for sale shortly and will no doubt be using auto trader, kind of hope i get called now just so i can use ur advice :lol:

although with past experience.. when you start to question things like this, breaking away from their control over the converstaion they either panic, try to change the subject or just hang up

Grr.. I've just had ANOTHER call from these ppl.. hers another for your list Lee: 0208 3500086

:ffs:

I just put "no additional advertising thankyou" in the add for the eunos roadster in exchange and mart...

Not a peep from anyone but buyers :D

I think it was cardatavehicle match taht I tried as an experiment...

the gimp on the other end of the phone guaranteed I'd sell my car withina week of I get my money back... what is there to lose I thought so paid with my credit card so if that failed I could get it back anyway...

A moth later I had not even had one call, let alone sold it so called up to ask for my money (£79!) back "sorry that is not our policy". I pointed out that the guy had told me it was on the phone, and that was the contract that I entered into, the fact that they are adcerting misleadingly was a trade description issue yadda uadda yadda... I still didn;t get my money back so I just decided to reclaim via my credit card.....

LLoyds platinum then lost my clain form and when I celled up to ask what they wereplaying at they said "you never made a claim and its too late to now"

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Yeah.. I do love that we can guarantee to sell your car within a week and we have lots of buyers lined up already toss..

Full of $h1t is what they are!!

I knew they'd not sell it withina week, but I figured I had nothing to lose, their "money back" promise AND the safety of a credit card, it wasa no brainer....

unfortunately, like most things in life... it let me down :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

new number added :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links