Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is It With These People!

Lou-Lou

Just reading about all the stabbings that have been going on recently.. and following the knife amnesty..

Said on BBC news that:

Police seized 90 knives and weapons on Monday when visitors to Luton Carnival were screened using metal detectors.

90!!! WTF are people doing carrying these things???

It's the sad little men who feel they need to make themselves look big.. pathetic.

Yeah, real men have guns FFS ..

Pansies the lot of them .. drop your Stanley and get a Sig Sauer.

Was watching a Crime program on Bravo the other night. The one in the Costa Del Sol.

The knife problem is even worse over there, and then you get the scum from here, who decide they need to take them abroad as well!

Problem is, you can go into a shop, and just buy them off the shelf....

Agreed it is pathetic, I have never understood why anyone would want to carry one on the streets. If it’s for safety, as some have claimed in the past, stop acting like a idiot and getting yourself intro trouble with people who are above you.

At the end of the day though, they’ve said this amnesty has done nothing

As gnome points out, this is the case but not just that, unlike other weapons, these are comonly avaliable to anyone.

...As gnome points out, this is the case but not just that, unlike other weapons, these are comonly avaliable to anyone.

Heck, I've only got to look in my kitchen drawer!

This is all a bit of a no-brainer isn't it? Certain people will always carry knives, some will carry guns, others will fight bare-knuckle, with nunchucks, a brick in a handbag... You name it, they'll be someone, somewhere carrying a 'weapon'. 90 people at a carnival isn't actually that much when you think about it. Not saying that makes it any better but reports like this do tend to blow things out of proportion - especially when there is a recent 'cause' to publicise & support. ;)

90 people at a carnival isn't actually that much when you think about it.

Especially when they were all plastic knives given out when you bought a baked spud with beans for £5.00.

I *used* to have a swiss army knife on me most of the time while at uni, not for the knife part, but for the tin/bottle openers etc .. I wonder the %age of these there were.

Heck, I've only got to look in my kitchen drawer!

And have you seen the stuff being sold on eBay?? It's rediculous the stuff you can get hold of..

Thing is.. guns and knifes shouldn't have to be illegal.. people should be sensible enough and decent enough to be trusted not to use these things to harm people.. but thats the irritating thing.. the world is full of people that don't give enough of a $h1t about other people. Pretty sad..

the world is full of people that don't give enough of a $h1t about other people. Pretty sad..

I'd not say that, it's jsut a fair number of them are in this country ..

I say ban everything sharp....

There goes my wit and sarcasm ..

maybe not.

It's all these skinny little bean poles kids :P !

Just walking through some of my local estates a gang of 10-15 year old kids want to start a fight with me WTF :ffs: Im 22 FFS and could easily whip there **** but then you now have to think that they probably have knives on them so you just have to walk away.

When I was younger I would never do something like that and would always respect elders and the police.

I just don't get today culture, these skinny little kids will start fights with big built grown men but I think it's down to the fact that they know they have an knife on them so they can act big an tough.

A while back it was the BIG built men that ruled the streets and you wouldn't mess with them because you KNOW you would have your **** kicked, and back then all you would get is a good kick in and TBH you probably deserved it, but now just by disagreeing with one of these skinny little runts is likely to get you killed

:censor: the lot of them

I say ban everything sharp....

There goes my wit and sarcasm ..

maybe not.

yeah - you really wouldnt have anything to worry about ben! :lol:

I *used* to have a swiss army knife on me most of the time while at uni, not for the knife part, but for the tin/bottle openers etc .. I wonder the %age of these there were.

I agree!!!!!! I used to always carry a penknife as they are just genrally handy, and good for fixing things.. I got one confiscated at school as it was an "offensive weapon" which ****** me off somewhat :lol:

I usually have a big torque wrench in the car... incase anything needs "fixing" :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links