Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quick question about the Paseo. =]

Mouse

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong spot. I didnt know what catagory the Paseo's fall into.

Im new to the forum, first post. So, umm. HOWDY! hehe

Anyway, Im thinking of buying a 92 Paseo from a friend of mine, has good mileage, 5 speed, great shape. Hes asking 400$ with the catch being the Wiring Harness is shot. He already has one though, I just have to put it in. No biggy, Shouldnt be hard. Match up the original to the new one. viola. I hope..

Ok, to the point here. I was just wondering if anyone has any info on the Paseo's? What engine(s) did they come with, what specs does that engine(s) carry, any known problems, any recall, yadda yadda. That sorta thing.

Im a little bit apprehensive about buying it, they bought it at auction and drove it home, the Battery has died since, and they had it looked at. Its the wiring harness, hence the reason it has to be replaced. The thing is, it hasnt been driven hardly at all since they got it. They dont know what/if anything else is wrong with it. lol. But the price is nice and I need a little fun car to drop a couple bucks into, and get around while I make a go at dropping a 3.4l DOHC 60 degree V-60 into my 90 Lumina. Hehe, 210hp and 240 torque. Not too bad ya know?

Yeah. So Im rambling. Sowwie.

If anyone has any info on the Paseo's Id appreciate it if you could impart it here. I could use a little knowledge before I go and spend my money.

Hi Mouse welcome to the club, you should have a look at www.paseopimp.com those guys should be able to tell you everything you need to know ;)

Thanks alot man, I found that website shortly after I made my post. lol.

Im getting pretty excited about this car as a nice little mini-project. A sound system should be pretty intense in the little bugger. They look sorta like a bass tube on wheels doncha think? I figure, the mandatory custom built cold air intake. Im sorta obsessed with those. Ever since I built one for my moms F-150 bout 2 years ago, Ive been mildly crazed. I put em in all my friends cars, both of mine, etc. lol.

What size rim can this little guy take? Well, thats not all that helpful a question, but, assuming I get some low low pro's, think the wheel well could handle 17's? I havent even got the damn car yet and Im making plans that are gonna cost me about 1000$.

Who knows eh? Maybe being hit by that station wagon and totallying my Lumina is gonna turn out ok. So far it looks like Im fixing my Lumina and getting a fun little car to drive while I pull the Lumina's 3.1 60 Degree Pushrod out and drop in the z34, 3.4L DOHC. 80 hp gain, and 90 torque over the 3.1. Respectable at 210 hp and 240 trq me thinks. Of course, this requires me to custom wire the gauge cluster * yay :( *replace the whole interior wiring harness and CPU, get the CPU reprogrammed, replace the engine wiring harness,, cut my floor board to accomdate the 5 speed manual (column shift auto at the moment) cut my firewall for the cables, cut again for the pedals, Etc. YYEEEHHAAWW.

Hell If i had the money id invest in an L67 Supercharged V-6, 240hp, 280 torque, much more efficient than the 3.4, but 8x as costly and even hard to install.. But could you picture a Lumina running 13.4's in 1/4 in all stock trim, cept a special chip that lights the L67 up? 0-60 in about 6.3 seconds. Not bad for a family sedan. muwhahaa.

Yes, I know Im rambling. Sowwie. Anyway, thanks alot for the info man. Ill be in touch and let ya know what all happens.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links