Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yesterday...day From Hell..

wlsmith

Yesterday was driving back from Watford to Worthing along the M25, must have been doing around 75 - 80 in the fast lane.. started hearing this clunking noise from the back of the car, then it cut out.. managed to drift over to the hard shoulder with no power which was very lucky.. then i had to join up the RAC which cost me 150quid.. was waiting behind the barrier on the motorway for about an hour in the freezing cold and then they finally turned up.. then they put the car on the recovery truck and drove me all the way back to worthing and dropped my car off.. had a mechanic look it over and one of the pistons has blown so i am going to need a new lump as the engine has gone kaboom, quite stressed about it all as i havent had the car all that long and my engine only had 58000 miles on the clock, oil and engine temps were absolutely fine as i have checked all of these, I definitely want to get her back on the road as she means to much to me to scrap.. and its too much of a nice car to scrap.. what i need now is a new 3SGE engine for her, just the basic engine as all the other stuff is interchangable.. its got to be an engine out job too im afraid but i have found someone who can do this for me "on the side" to keep the labour costs down!, I have 2 options.. i can either buy a Beams VVTi engine off eBay.. but it is quite costly.. or i can just get another 3SGE engine..

Question to ask.. i have an Auto G-LTD Rev 1., would a Rev3+ engine bolt straight into my car.. as ive got the flywheel.. alternator and all that stuff.. if i just had the basic engine could i hook it up to the auto gear box no problems?, same goes with if i got a rev 1 engine

I doubt a Rev1 auto box would fit a Rev3+ engine...

Contact Patrick from Rogue Motorsport as they do a fair few turbo swaps and land up with a few N/A engines I'd imagine they normally find difficult to shift??? They could also do the work for you.

http://www.roguemotorsport.com

be a shame not to do a turbo conversion :)

I doubt a Rev1 auto box would fit a Rev3+ engine...

Contact Patrick from Rogue Motorsport as they do a fair few turbo swaps and land up with a few N/A engines I'd imagine they normally find difficult to shift??? They could also do the work for you.

http://www.roguemotorsport.com

Rogue are damn good at what they do ..

be a shame not to do a turbo conversion :)

Totally agree .. but he may want/need to keep the auto.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links