Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bodykit Ponderings

Jinxed

It looks like I have one opportunity for a cheap but good respray. If I dont get this done I either miss out and im looking at 2k later. And if i dont get the bodykit sorted I get a cheap respray now and have to concider a whole respray at full cost later again... which is going to sting... so any contributions welcome and thanks in advance for any thoughts, opinions, advice, anything :)

Ive been looking at kits for a while and ... well some im not sure about and others i like but the cost would be crippling at the mom. I finally found a decent priced 3 parts of something i like, and that wont slaughter my finances...

I dont know for sure if its for my car.... and ive had hell at work for a few days now so Im so drained I can barely think for myself so sorry if I seem like im lazing this one out or seem a bit dim or whatever generally ... just tired and cant think too straight

the bits ive found are .... a vader front bumper, vader side skirts, and the rogue high air intake scoop things, and I thought about some little parts that fit near the exhaust pipes to finish the rear but... not sure about that part at all.

this is a description of the bumper....

"High quality semi-flexible fibreglass. These parts are made from a fibreglass mix to allow a degree of flex if the item was to take a knock. Comes un-painted.

Suitable for:

MR2 SW20

"

Does this sound alright? are there likely to be troubles with this part? will it even be correct for a mk2 rev3 turbo import? has anyone got any suggestions, advice concerning this path im concidering that may prove beneficial to share here?

If its looking like a goer.... does anyone finally have any idea about what would be a good piece to put on the back and not ruin the lines of the car and wind up with it lookin very silly or unfinished in terms of bodykit parts? Im open to any suggestions but cost is going to make the decision in some senses sadly...

Thanks for just reading if thats all you did and much thanks for any contributions... :thumbsup:

Well bodykit is bodykit... and in general you get what you pay for... cheap stuff tends to fit badly.... but you can sometimes find good stuff...

the Vader kit... isnt that a Veilside knockoff/lookylikey?... or is that Invader.. or are they one in the same?

Not a fan of Veilside myself but each to their own honey... :)

As far as fitment... the MR2 Turbo and the NA are the same Shell... so so long as it will fit SW20 it will fit all methinks :)

Thanks for the input JJ :thumbsup:

Yup it is veilside copy, thanks for linking those 2 and I just found a complete veilside kit for less cash than all my bits so far for more bits minus scoops.... wonder which is better quality... need research more :yes:

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the sw20 fit info too :) and dont worry im not gonna be holding anyone responsible if the kit i get isnt quite right...bar the makers lol :thumbsup: I might get all this to work out yet :D

which kit you like JJ? got a linky?

Much appreciated for your contributions... your a gem :thumbsup:

Have a look at http://www.mr-2.com (click the eye).

It lists all the kits available. But not where from .. find something you like and then ahve a hunt ;)

I'm a fan of more brutal and square lines on the MR2. Veilside is a bit common and too curvey (nearly every supra coming in is VS kitted).

Jinx.. I like the Border front... and Bomex isnt bad either..

when I do my bodykit (when I accumulate the cash for kit.. and then respray... ouch)... I will probably go for a mix of things in the hope they will fit together :P

Border sides are quite nice... and the rear spats arent bad lol.. infact border is quite nice all round really lol...

to me.. Veilside takes too much away from what the MR2 is... look at a Veilside RX7 and a Veilside MR2... yeah they are different cars... but the kit looks all too similar to me :P

Thanks Bibbs for the linky and the advice :thumbsup: going to have a good trawl and see if theres something that gets me more than the VS thats financially viable :yes:

and i admit i did pass an admiring eye over the border stuff JJ :thumbsup:

Id really like something that looks very very aggressive... kinda be suitable for when the rest gets done :thumbsup:

is there anything i should be looking for in terms of the materials the kits made out of? Really dont want to end up with a pseudo papier mache one lol

Thanks for all contributions :thumbsup:

Jinxed :)

For the most part they all fibreglass... so much of a muchness..

its the fitment thats the tricky bit.. but generally you cant tell until you get the specific bits...

your bodyshop should be able to help with getting it right tho.. provided its not too far out :thumbsup:

I had a look on that site posted by Bibbs, thanks :thumbsup: seen a few diferent parts that i liked but didnt see a front I liked more than the vs. I gather some of those kits on there are rare and expensive to say the least but. Was good to see the variety tho :)

Think im set on the vs.

and I hope things run smoothly with it all.... as my bodyshop wont be able to help me lol ...Im not using one :!Removed!: My dad is a bit of an allrounder when it comes to panelbeating, spraying, and mechanical(tho with the tubby he doesnt wanna touch parts of it as hes really uncertain whats what).

Think this will be the last time he ever resprays a car... hes already refused a respray for another rel for some reason but mines on from what hes said... I know he'll do his absolute best for me as long as i do my absolute best to prep it.... and seeing as i have all my nights spare now given that my now ex gf has gone... im totally intending to get things pushed through in a very short timeframe... looking forward to having the bits on my panels nice, paint thats uniform black(instead of dappled with white as bits are chipped away) and laquer thats nice ... instead of peeling off every time i wash her.

Must check with insurance company what this is gonna do to my premium.... good idea to do this before i buy anything :yes: and hopefully one of these days itll be worth posting a pic or 3 of her :)

heres hoping :thumbsup:

Discovered a couple of things...

the vader bumper isnt quite a copy of the vs... its a bit cooler imo and has 2 little sticky outy bits like darth vaders mask... hence vader lol .... and it seems to have extra slopes that arent on the vs...

the invader kit isnt like the vs or vader at all...

and ive discovered im gonna hafta get a whole vs kit and a vader bumper then try n recoup some cash from ebaying the vs bumper... which might make things a lil cheaper as the vs bumper alone new is pretty expensive.

also discovered that a trd widebody kit is half the cost to buy from usa that it is to buy in the uk... go figure huh

dont know whether to keep the rev 3 spoiler..... i like it but the vs wing looks good also... any opinions?

You will deffo need a bodyshop if you going TRD widebody.... they are difficult ones to get to fit... especially if you buy cheap ones...

good luck with doing yours with your dad tho Jinx :thumbsup:

Cheers JJ :thumbsup:

hoping to be getting things rolling in about a week... optimistic probably tho lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links