Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Place To Download Music

Demonic Angel

We've had Napster, but we thought the selection on there was a bit naff (They didn't even have Evanescences album for petes sake :rolleyes: ) so I'm looking at a new place to download music from....

Found a few on Google, but not sure if they're any good!

Like this place looks good, apparently they have more music than Napster and they dont charge per song, you just pay a flat rate of something like £17 for lifetimes membership but when I went to pay, they kept upping the prices on each screen, so I started off paying £17, then they add a tenner on for CD quality music, which is fine, but then they added on some more for a Spyware package I might be interested in, so I took that off and then they put it back on on the next screen!!

So, although it sounds good, that kinda put me off as I dont want them to force stuff on me...

So, is there anywhere else thats good? Has to be compatible with the MP3 player in my new Sony Ericsson W810i, because thats my new MP3 player as well.... :thumbsup:

Ideally I'd want something thats a lifetime membership kinda thing, not paying over and over for tracks or per month like we were with Napster, which now we havent got anymore, I've got folders full of music on my PC that I can't use now because we dont have it! :crybaby:

Unless you want your muzak straight away I'd just buy CD's and rip them to your PC.

I know online music is convenient, but I like to have a choice over what format & bitrate I have my music in. Also, unless you are into Sony BMG artists, your music will on the whole be DRM free, meaning you are free to do what you want to do with the music you have paid your hard-earned for, plus I am one of those people who like to have something physical I can touch and handle.

Not the answer you were looking for I know, but just my opinion.

P2P is handy if you keep on top of whats coming in and out :)

I had a very good site which worked on top-ups, some music companies wanted to shut it down because it was so cheap, and had everything. you could literally pay a small fee and download hundreds of cd quality+ albums.

If its still up i'll try and dig the link up later - totally legal site btw.

There's always http://www.allofmp3.com/. From listening to podcasts as I understand it, this site only exists because of a loophole in russian copyright law.

Try limewire its really fast its free and you can download all types of files, music, movies etc

actually, Limewire itself doesnt breach ANY copyright laws.

It is a P2P application for file sharing, which is perfectly legal.

However, if users choose to 'share' copyrighted material, then that is illegal, as is downloading 'known' copyrighted material.

Try limewire its really fast its free and you can download all types of files, music, movies etc

I also use Limewire :thumbsup:

Hence why Limewire is in breach of copyright laws...

Dosen't bother me either way, no one abides every law

I use Direct Connect (dc++) it is also P2P.. people go into a "hub" where there are other users sharing files of all types (if it can go on a PC it can be shared).. File sharing is NOT illegal, but the sharing of copyrighted material is.. however lots of people are sharing a vast and varied selection of files.. and its way better than Limewire, kazza etc.

I use iTunes ...... enough said :rolleyes::lol:

Same here. I just wish The Beatles and Apple could sort out their differences though. :yes:

MSN and iTunes mainly.... but *arf* BitTorrent is a better bet :P

Watch out for fake files and viruses Em.

Bearshare i found is a bit better than limewire - but i still struggle to find certain artists etc etc

i've been using www.allofmp3.com for ages now

it's russian and english, you can choose your bit rate on most of the albums

you have to pay for it but if you are only after the occasional song and don't mind 128bit $10 will last a while, costs anywhere between $1 and $4 for full cd quality, and it's cheaper for lower quality.

$20 has lasted me the past 2 years, and i'm sure it's legal, they used to accpet paypal payments but now it's only credit cards.

check it out

Another vote for AllofMp3.com.

It rules! I love the DRM free downloads, plus you can choose whatver bitrate.

It's really cheap, and download speeds are immense - I average 40kbps using BitTorrent and other P2P, get 100 - 200 kb/s on 2 Meg from AllofMp3.

Quality is awesome - choose LAME MP3, --alt-preset extreme, best soundquality for file size (--alt-preset standard is also pretty good).

P2P usually gives you pretty shocking quality for prerelease stuff, although it has been getting better. Also using the AllofMp3 client (allTunes or MediaServices) it can download stuff automatically and tag it all properly (and in whatever format you prefer), place it in album folders etc. etc.

It roxors! Also, its so cheap! I've spent nearly $100 on the site for the last 3 years and I've got something like 70 albums...(some of them are big, and sometimes I go for the occasional FLAC track).

Just signed up for allofmp3.com , paid my 10$ and it seems good ! got the new tool album for $1.87 or something ! top quality :D

i use a programme called eTomi Pro and seems like a good programme, had it for months now :thumbsup: , it isnt a free one mind ;)

Hm, at least we won't be sued - 14% of the UK market is pretty huge...even the RIAA won't want to sue that many people..

Also, most people who signed up to the service signed up thinking it was a legal service (including myself) , so they can claim innnocence.

Hmmmm

I started with Napster.... then moved onto Audio Galaxy when that went down I tried out WinMX and am now using a combination of Bit Torrent and Limewire! :)

So long as you look at what you are downloading (e.g. 500k for an mp3 isnt quite right lol) you'll be fine :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links