Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For A Good Sparky In Scotland

OriRacer

Hi All

Im still looking for a good auto sparky in scotland that knows there toyota's if anyone could throw a name and number at me it would be a geat help. Nad had said he knew someone in edinburgh, but never got back to me. So Nad if you out there any chance of the number dude thumbsup.gif

The work I need done is wiring a 4AGE engine in to my AE102 GXI Corolla

I think at this stage I might even be willing to take her down as far as the midlands to get the electrics done.

I take it you are planting a 4A-GE into another car not originally meant to have the 4A-GE in it?

A few people on the MK1 MR2 forums have attempted this by transplanting late spec small port (non-TVIS) 4A-GE engines into the car. The MK1 MR2 was built for use with early spec (TVIS) 4A-GE engines. There is still massive problems in getting the wiring sorted out.

Unless I'm fishing in the wrong pond, this has nothing to do with auto electricians. You'll be very lucky to find someone to solve this.

ECU and wiring loom "professionals" (within the club) have not been able to successfully solve Toyotas wiring codes between the various revisions of MK1 MR2 and the late spec Corolla engine loom. The main problem comes from mating up the front end looms with the engine looms & visa/versa. All the ECU pin-outs vary too.

I know people who have spent over 6 months trying to fathom the looms out and are still no nearer a perfect solution.

People I know running a late spec 4A-GE engines in their MK1 MR2's are doing so on the car's original ECU and slightly modified looms. Performance suffers to the point where they should not have bothered swapping engines.

I really hope I've got the wrong end of the stick and things work out a lot easier for you.

Its a custom build 1.8 7AGE engine, with a rev 3 small port head. Have the the ecu from the 4age engine and can match up about 90% of all wires and pin out. I really just dont have the time to spend sorting it just now. Thats why I need to pay a sparky to do the work.

So just names and numbers of ppl that can rise to the chalange people.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links