Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Decat Fitting

clarky

CLARKY!!!

to quote you

"Hmm ... want to do the missus's but Im worried about the noise levels now!"

if your so worried,, bring her to my house and I will do her,, I have a long drive way and she can scream as loud as she wants!!!! lol

but just in case you were talking about the car,,,,, its no louder really,,, no one would even notice a difference unless they heard it moments before you take off the cat and fit the pipe,,,, sounds perfectly fine and not offencive at all..

p.s. let me know about the wife

I didn't find it much louder when I got my decat fitted it tends to ....how can i put it.... rasp a little bit more now, but not much difference in volume levels.

It was however a complete **** to fit!

3 of the 4 bolts were rusted on as I don't think the cat had ever been off the car since new.

We ended up getting an angle grinder under there to get the bolts off and just fitting new ones with a little bit of copper slip on so hopefuly changing it for next months MOT won't be a major issue ;)

It's a mongoose exhaust and decat btw, not that that makes any difference fitting wise.

My cat is going back on this weekend cos MOT time shortly, I'll let you know if I hear any difference in volume levels. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys - I had a good look when it was getting its tracking done today and it looks like a peice of poo to do.

Ive had a chat with the missus mate - she gave me a kinda withering look! MOTs in september so I reckon 10am MOT and 11am decat time! 40 quid from egay for the pipe and 7.50 for the gaskets - cant go wrong!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links