Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'll Have A Kfc, Can Of Coke, And A Pack Of Ciggies

DaveSR

Yeah okay I read the mirror ...... but this story stuck out like a sore thumb.

WTF is going on :ffs:

FINGER NICKIN' GOOD

Suspected car thief flees on to roof, hurls bricks at police, and what does he get? A bucket of KFC

By Richard Smith

PERCHED on a roof a suspected car thief tucks into a KFC yesterday - given to him by police worried about breaching his human rights.

Officers handed Barry Chambers the fast food meal during a 17-hour siege, along with cigarettes and a two-litre bottle of Pepsi, despite being bombarded with slates and chimney bricks by the thug.

The 26-year-old even settled down for a nap after he ate, while police stood by and onlookers cheered him on from below.

A spokesman said: "Although he's on the roof being a nuisance, we still have to look after his well-being and human rights."

But neighbours were less than impressed with the softly softly approach. One, David Dalton, said: "Surely they should have been starving him out, not giving him food and drink so he can stay up there as long as he likes. It's ridiculous. My son said he'd like to climb up and get a free meal."

Leanne Roberts, 19, added: "I've seen firemen go up ladders and give him takeaways and ciggies. It's disgraceful."

Chambers even had the cheek to refuse a can of Pepsi - because it was opened. The police spokesman said: "He has been demanding various things during the day, one was a KFC bargain bucket. He's also been given cigarettes and a drink."

But angry local councillor Colin Hay said: "This went too far in the human rights direction. It makes the police look stupid. The public will think their money is being wasted on looking after criminals." The drama began at 2am after officers chased a suspected stolen car from Cheltenham to Gloucester.

Two men aged 45 and 28 were held, but Chambers fled and climbed on to the roof of the three-storey house. He threatened to throw himself off as police closed in.

The home is in the same street where Fred West and his wife Rose murdered one of their 12 victims - Midland Road.

Chambers is on bail awaiting trial for aggravated vehicle taking. He is under a night-time home curfew.

He staged a similar rooftop stunt last November, when he was also given food.

Police negotiators were last night still at the scene trying to coax him down.

Linky

Oh boy...

That's nothing though - check out this one from the US...

New York’s last Katrina evacuees prepare to depart (under duress) from the JFK Airport Holiday Inn.

By Matthew Philips

This winter, FEMA put up over 300 Hurricane Katrina evacuees in New York City hotels. Almost all of them have gone back to their lives, their jobs. But not Theon Johnson. He’s currently sprawled out watching Halloween 5 on one of the two full-size beds in his room at the JFK Airport Holiday Inn. He is one of four evacuees still living in a hotel in the city.

The others left in February and March, when, after spending more than $500 million, FEMA stopped paying for hotel rooms housing some 40,000 evacuees across the country. That left many scrambling for places to live. But thanks to the city’s squatters-rights law, evacuees here were safe. Their rooms weren’t paid for, but since they’d been in them for more than 30 days, the hotels couldn’t just kick them out. Only a judge’s order could evict them.

And Johnson, 49, isn’t that motivated to leave. For one thing, AMC’s in the middle of its “Thrill Me” marathon. Next up, Gothika. “Halle Berry,” he says with lazy lust. These days he’s usually up all night—it’s hard to sleep on an empty stomach. When he has to, he’ll go outside and beg for change, but he doesn’t really like that too much. Most days he just showers and gets back in bed, showers and gets back in bed. Once a week he and another evacuee, a diabetic named Larry, walk to a church off the Van Wyck and get canned goods. When Johnson’s caseworker, Sharon, comes around, she gives him some bus passes and maybe a few bucks, but she’s getting frustrated. “They sit around on their butts watching TV. There’s only but so much I can do if they’re not willing to help themselves.”

After being flown here for free back in September, Johnson’s been at the Holiday Inn since Super Bowl Sunday. On April 21, the hotel served Johnson with three notices of occupancy termination, saying that it would begin court proceedings if he wasn’t out by May 9. He wasn’t, so it did. If the court boots him, Johnson could end up in one of the city’s homeless shelters. He’s been broke for over a month now. fema sent him $9,000 in housing aid, but he spent it all on booze, cigarettes, some clothes, and food—partying, mostly. “I spent my money just the way I wanted, and I think [fema] should send me some more,” he says. But it won’t. Johnson’s caseworker says fema offered to buy him a ticket home to New Orleans in February, but he didn’t take it. fema won’t now. So he’s stuck, at least until the Holiday Inn pays him to leave.

Attorneys with the Legal Aid Society have been negotiating a buyout deal for Johnson and the remaining evacuees, and expect a settlement—he heard about $1,200—imminently. He says he’ll use the money to get a room for a few nights and have some fun before flying back to his little house in New Orleans’ Third Ward. But for now, Gothika’s on. “Halle Berry,” Johnson says. “Halle . . . Berry.”

katrina060529_560.jpg

:unsure:

I don't get the one with the bloke on the roof. If all he had was bricks why didn't they either throw the bricks back at him until he fell off or if they're not up for a bit of fun just shot him.

He's got no hostages so theres nothing to lose, obviously to cover themselves they could ask him to come down but following that shoot the *****

I'm scared to comment ..

Oh go on.... :D

I don't get the one with the bloke on the roof. If all he had was bricks why didn't they either throw the bricks back at him until he fell off or if they're not up for a bit of fun just shot him.

He's got no hostages so theres nothing to lose, obviously to cover themselves they could ask him to come down but following that shoot the *****

:yes:

Shoot at the f***er.. if he's dumb enough to steal a car and climb up on someones roof, then he's fair game.

I can understand why the police take this approach though.. the guy will be in court for car theft etc. and then he'll take the police to court for not adhearing to his human rights if they hadn't have done their best to make sure he was safe and well. Sucks tho! I much prefer the throw the bricks back option.. much better

It is ridiculous though - If he could ever do anything about human rights etc.

At the end of the day what about the human rights of the people on the ground with bricks landing on their heads :rolleyes:

"We're going to feed the ****** fried paultry snacks, beef products in processed buns and sugary drink until he gets so lardy that he falls through the roof. At which point, my officers will arrest him.", said the Chief of Police - In my mind! ;)

Anyone see Tax the Fat on More 4 or whatever it was... I couldn't sleep but that was class! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links