Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An Update On My Car :)

Flamby

Ok first off I apologise if this seems like a really random post I just wanted to dedicate a bit of time and some pictures to my car and share it with you guys and girls :thumbsup:

well I've nearly had the car a year now, bought from a very good guy who most of you know, Fizz :) a fantastic car that I litterally fell in love with when I was browsing car forums, and she was bought in exactly the state this picture shows her in.

DSCF0404.jpg

A stunner B)

so anyway winter went by with no real problems with the car and all seemed well.. yeah she leaked and so on but hey she's an old girl ;)

But the real reason for this post is recently she's annoyed me, she's been breaking, letting me down and just not running as she should, the thought of selling up even crossed my mind :wacko: :!Removed!: however Ive stuck with her... got it ALL fixed and done the mother of all services over the last month, yep its cost well over 1k to get it all done but now she's ready for summer and fighting fit B)

so in honour of her Ive treated her to a photoshoot Id like to share with you all :D

DSCF0844.jpg

DSCF0855.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0885.jpg

She has certainly changed a bit from when I bought her but she's still gorgeous :)

Thanks for reading this and checking out the pictures, ok it may seem an obsessive post but I am completely obsessed with her :D B)

A few more pictures whilst Im at it :D thanks again for looking :D

DSCF0886.jpg

DSCF0890.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

DSCF0893.jpg

DSCF0894.jpg

nice one flamby, I've always liked this car. And i know what you mean about considering selling up, but when you love something so much, its hard to!

Plus if you did, the next car you got would have similar problems to iron out :thumbsup:

clarky - cheers mate :)

Dale - thanks mate, yeah it crossed my mind but only in anger :unsure: and your very right, the next one would only have other problems that need sorting out.

I guess I'm gonna stick with this gorgeous machine for now :D B) fallen in love with her all over again lol

Dam i love that car, your so lucky!

Why am i so young, and insurance so high!!

Where abouts in Reading are you mate? You no of Burghfield Common?

Guest rev3turbo

looking as stunning as she always has dan,

you are a lucky man to have her, still the best and only colour for a tubby :o

*waiting for fat boi fizz to reply crying* :crybaby:

Mo

your wheels rock :yes:

:yes::drool::drool:

Where did you get them from? and how much if you dont mind me asking :unsure:

Also, are they 17s or 18s?

Cheers :thumbsup:

yaris sr kid - thanks for your comment mate :) yeah that area does ring a bell, should meet up and I'll take you out in it now its summer time :D :thumbsup:

Mo - cheers very much for saying that :) yeah Im hoping fizz will see this thread too :) just want him to see Im taking good care of her till he wants it back ;) B)

Jaxx - :thumbsup: love them :)

jones - I got them off a guy on Imoc, I bought them without tyres for 700, absolutly love them :) and they are 17s with 7.5j at the front and 8.5j and the rear :) they seem to be tough wheels to get hold of generally, oh and in that pic they have just recently been refurbished, they were quite tatty when I bought them :)

Cheers for your comments everyone :D :thumbsup:

Yeah would love to go for a ride, saw a red one today with a mentally loud exhaust!! dunno if its any1's off here!

Were abouts you located in Reading?

Your car just looks perfect and its like 10 years old!

hehe yeah I think IVe seen that red one around, I dont think he is on here though.

I live in Wargrave mate, just by Henley on Thames, pm me or add me on msn and I'll show you the motor sometime :)

she's 12 yrs old now B) just maturing ;)

good to see she is getting as much love (if not more) than Fizz was giving it... :thumbsup:

looked and still looks an absolute gem :thumbsup:

Rash.

Hey Dan,

Great to see her looking as good if not better than before! :yes:

Sorry to hear that things have been a bit crappy lately and I hope it aint been anything serious. You have managed to go down the route I would have taken with a decat zorst and GT seats.

Lack of funds available for mods restricted me from doing so. The interior looks lush now with the alcantara thing going on.

Keep up the good work. :yes: Always great to see updated pics so I can continue to annoy my new wife. If I keep this up I may be divorced soon. :lol:

And Mo - Just for you... :crybaby:

P.s) I would have gone for a twin exit rather than the single as it stays true to the original design. :P

cheers guys for your comments :)

Fizz - Aha was waiting for you to post :) glad you like how she's turned out mate! yeah she's been a bit bad recently but its all part of taking good care of her :) love the car as Im sure you could tell when you took me out on that test drive and floored it for the first time up that dual carriageway :eek: hehe

yeah the seats are fantastic now, not bad condition too for their age :) add a touch of class lol

yeah I did want a twin exit but this came up before departure 2 did and when you hear what she sounds like now, you won't want me to change it to twin :yes: B)

hehe I'll keep adding updates as I treat her to new goodies, oh and finnally got the springs I got from you on, doesn't look much different in the pics but she handles so much better now, no body roll :) yay!!!

Thanks everyone for commenting :thumbsup: just had to share it with you guys lol

very nice car....a great example and very well looked after ^_^

one of the best in my opinion the colour and the wheels are awesome :D

looking forward to seeing her at jae :thumbsup:

Hey Dan.. loving the car.. will have to have a proper look in the flesh at some point soon!

Hopefully selling my car this weekend (I say that but I've had a few sales that have falled through now, but hopefully this one won't!).

Will prob see you in the pub some point soon!

only just been able to get back on toc today.... stupid internet...

yo lou, yeah ben was saying hopefully you'll have yours sold pretty quick :) then its mr2 time for ya !!! :thumbsup: and yeah hopefully you'll be able to see my car properly sometime :)

I love it when people look after there vehicles they are lot more to people than just cars.

Also i find it oustanding that these fairly old Jap cars still look like new, and some are in better knick than most new cars.

My 2 is 16yrs this year, and she still looks stunning and still never fails to turn heads

bought from a very good guy who most of you know, Fizz :)

well if you say so :P

on the plus side, i like what you've done and you have gone the right route with the mods. those te37's are lightweight and so is the 5zigen exhaust. the departure 2 is over 20kg in weight whereas the 5zigen is about 6-8kg, the 5zigen sounds nicer too..... bet it pops and bangs loads ;)

bought from a very good guy who most of you know, Fizz :)

well if you say so :P

on the plus side, i like what you've done and you have gone the right route with the mods. those te37's are lightweight and so is the 5zigen exhaust. the departure 2 is over 20kg in weight whereas the 5zigen is about 6-8kg, the 5zigen sounds nicer too..... bet it pops and bangs loads ;)

What do you know? :rolleyes:

Dan.. would you trust the advice of a guy who has lexus lights on a rex? :lol:

Thats one awesome looking car mate. you are really looking after her mate. As a MR2 owner we got to look after them as sadly now a days more of them are ending up in the scrap heap as they are been right offs. Keep up the good work mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links