Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Interested In A Mki ?

Jimlad

I am in no way selling a car here... just to clear that up! :)

A woman came into my work today asking if I was the "mr2 expert" ??!?... lol. Anyway, to cut a long story short her freind/husband (didn't quite get who) has a MKI that was a restoration project, but he now no longer has the time and isn't interested in it anymore.

The engine is fine as far as I'm aware and the arches have all been sorted out (no rust). Apart from that, not sure on the rest of the car. I gave the woman my email address/phone number and told her to email me some pictures of it asap.

The guy is only actually wanting a couple of £100 max to get rid of it. If it doesn't go, then it's just going to the scrap!?!?! :o

If the woman phones me/emails me soon, I'll go have a look at the car and see what it's like. It could be an excellent bargain/project for someone.

Just thot I'd give you the heads up on a possibly very cheap MKI.

that sounds pretty cool actually, when you find out more Jim please post up :)

Full details please. I know a few people looking for a bit of a project.

Full details please. I know a few people looking for a bit of a project.

.....not to mention a few spare parts :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag up an old post but any news on this??

I'd love a Mk1 and the price is a bargain! :thumbsup:

yeah... went to see the car.

Needs a bit of bodywork. 3 of the 4 arches have been repaired. Needs painted. Engine is supposedly ok and iterior looked ok.

Only prob is now, I think I don't have the guys phone number.

Dont worry about it then mate, I wish I'd seen the post earlier is all!

My search continues ;)

Em, I take it you're keeping an eye on the MK1 Club For Sale section?

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forsale.html

Also keep eyes peeled on IMOC and MR2OC

All obvious I know...

What sort of budget are you looking at?

Thanks for the link Garrick - I hadn't seen that before :thumbsup:

Looking at under £1000, doesnt have to be mint (I dont expect it to be at that price!), I want a little project car really, something I can learn how to tinker with...

I will keep my eyes on IMOC & MR2OC too, but noticed that Helios Blue on the Mk1MR2club link, shame its a bit over budget, but thats the colour I want you see.... :D

Typical woman - on about the colour! :lol::lol: I saw a custom orange one the other day on eBay which blew me away - again, shame about the price....

Cheers mate! :thumbsup:

Just spotted this well within your budget if he still has it...

Well worth a look IMO.

Quite rare as it's Black (not many about at all - only 1 at JAE this year). Helios Blue you want, I know, but black... MMMmmmmm :drool:

Listing from the club site:

Black D MK1a, 113k, no tax or mot, good engine and box, rear arches have been done, good brakes, hand brake works as do all electrics, interior is good except drivers seat has a small cig burn, it needs a front reinforcing bar and bumper and a little bit of bodywork, it also has a JVC cd player. Located at Sandycroft, Flintshire, North Wales, 8 miles from Chester. Just don't have the time as I have 2 other MR2s and I need the space. For more details ... £300 (190706)

Sounds like it may have been in a front ender though, but I either have the spares or know where to get them ;) Easy DIY on this one :yes:

Also scroll down to the Red C reg (Like mine) well worth a look for the price, mileage etc... has full MOT and plenty of tax - on budget ;)

And then another red one with a Veins front - quite tastey and needs a bit of work on brakes for MOT probably a day or two's worth of work - good price ;)

You know where to find me if you need a hand searching or fixing or whatever :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links