Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mintex Rear Pads

clarky

Hi There,

Ive got 3gs grooved discs and endless pads on the front of the 2, found a set of reasonably priced Mintex Pads for the rears - has anyone else tried them? Any Good?

Also - how fiddly to replace? I guess they're just held in by springs? Havent had the time to check yet?

Got the Racing Harts ready to go back on so Ill probably do it all at once

Thanks in advance

Clarky

its easy but you need a special tool (ideally)

you release the lower bolt on the caliper holding it to the carrier and it sort of just swings up, then youll see a pair of grooves on the pison face, you need to screw the piston back in with said tool as its the self adjusting mech for the handbrake. Then pop new pabs in and jobs a good un :)

Never experienced mintex myself, but they cant be half bad, and thats good enough for the rear brakes ;)

Rob, Im presuming you have the aforementioned tool? Can I either borrow it or tell me where to get one? If I could borrow it give it to Earpl next time you two are raggin over the moors!

clarky.... afraid i dont, i never knew they existed before i did them and really made do with a bit of a bodge using some old pliers.... which i wont recommend :rolleyes::lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAKE-CALIPER-PISTON...1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the sort of thing you need and is worth its weight in gold, and ill be getting one next time

• 3 weeks later...

Special tool thingy arrived and got the job done today - Jaxx you were right - wouldnt have been easy without it.

Interestingly the pads were worn practically to death on one side and less so on the other.

Feels a bit better but obviously they'll need to bed in

great stuff mate :)

and mine did the same, yet one went to the metal, best bet is to pop the slide pins out and clean them up and apply a new dollop of grease, its the pants slide action that tends to bugger up!

Well looking at the mechanism I can see how the locating pin/lump on the rear of the inside pad might get out of place.

When I did one side it felt more precise than the other and it wasnt until I faffed about a bit I realised that the locating hole for the pin/lump was there and what it did.

I reckon the pad wasnt located properly the last time.

Either way Ill do as you suggested with the slide pins - I greased them when I did the pads but Ill do the same whenever Ive got the rims off I reckon (which isnt that often!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links