Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Things I've Learnt Since Someone Crashed Into My Car....

mr_miller

Morning Everyone.....

As some of the corolla forum readers know, spmeone crashed into my car last month after running a red light (alledgely -gotta cover myself for libel :) ). see http://www.tylersfarm.demon.co.uk/carcrash/ for piccys

First Point - Tescos insurance company are ubiks if you don't go with their approved repairers. Its taken over five weeks to get my car booked into the local toyota garage.

Second Point - Mostly Tescos approved repair centers aren't Toyota approved repair centers. This is a massive pain in the **** that Tescos can't seem to understand.

Third Point - Tescos won't pay up to properly repair your car. i.e. return it to the state it was before the accident.

The final point is that for your 12 year anti-perf warranty to stay legit you have to get it fixed at a toyota approved center to a standard recommended by toyota. To keep the 12 year warranty as it was before the crash the Door needs replacing, not filling rebashing rebonding drilling and banging out with a slide hammer. If the door is repaired then the repair center then becomes responsible for remainder of the warranty (7 Years). So if I move to Blackburn I must travel down to Bristol to get any work done on the warranty.

I don't have a complaint with the warranty, but with the behaviour of tescos. Firstly they must have increased the labour cost to repair the door, and the cost of a door part can't be that high surely.

So I want to praise Toyota GB , Toyota Bristol (Both Branches) and the RAC for making me aware of the above problems. And also for trying their best to explain this to the people who work at tescos.

I also wanted to warn all newer toyota owners about the problem. At the moment i'm paying the part price for the door and the FSO are chasing the complaint with tescos.

So if you're with Tescos at the moment, really consider this the next time you renew. Because i is proper ******. Toyota insurance next time for sure, or at least an insurance company that listens.

Sorry to hear your issues.

I think you'll find that a lot of insurance companies are the same ..

Loads of staff to take your money and so easy to sign up. But when there is a problem, they are all a PITA.

I'm with Tescos at the moment, but I have a slightly rubbish car, so thats ok.

Once I get a new one, theres no way I'm insuring with them..

Plus they are the sort of company that charge you an extra few quid for removing parts of your car.. my premium went up by £70 when I told them I had vents in the bonnet. :ffs:

A far aas i Know, Tesco's are underwritten by Direct Line insurance... Direct Line is one of the worst insurance companies to deal with and make a claim with. For example... There wasa guy who was refused a claim because an expert from Direct Line had 'read' his car key and concluded that it had doen more mileage than the customer was paying for. This was a 2000 Focus... where NO data is stored on the key... the expert got all the data from the key itself. What a load of.....

We had problems with direct-line when i stuffed mt dads proton !

It took over 3 months to get the money , ok they gave us a good price for it but all the hassle they gave my dad and the amount of time he went without a car for was ridiculous .

Isn't there a Toyota Accident Line where you phone them, not your insurers and they phone the crooks up and sort it out so it gets repaired at a Toyota Centre? I have the card in my wallet.

Isn't there a Toyota Accident Line where you phone them, not your insurers and they phone the crooks up and sort it out so it gets repaired at a Toyota Centre? I have the card in my wallet.

Ta... Just looked at my club toyota card!!! I'll ring them later.

Excellent :D

thanks JAHill appreciated

I'm Insured with them too, at the moment I'm wondering what is going on as I was told that I could get an unlimited amount of green cards with no charge for driving in Europe, yet yesterday I was told maximum of 90 days! Crazy. However, when I call them and they start explaining stuff to me I tell them that I work in the same business as them so I actually know what things do and how things work so they cant fob me off that way :lol: Am planning on changing when I renew in August anyway.

I've got the toyota accident line card in my car - the bumf with it makes it sound easy. One phone call and MrT looks after the rest, I'm with Tesco also and do not intend on crashing so fingers crossed I won't need the service.

A far aas i Know, Tesco's are underwritten by Direct Line insurance... Direct Line is one of the worst insurance companies to deal with and make a claim with. For example... There wasa guy who was refused a claim because an expert from Direct Line had 'read' his car key and concluded that it had doen more mileage than the customer was paying for. This was a 2000 Focus... where NO data is stored on the key... the expert got all the data from the key itself. What a load of.....

When I got driven into by a Direct Line driver (I was stationary at a roundabout) they only paid up for the repairs the day I they were due in court. I had also refused to have my car taken away from me for an unspecified length of time. I only got the money back because I'm lucky enough to have a very good debt-recovery lawyer as a cousin.

Ah yes... the delights of Toyota Insurance...

A

I'm no longer with Tescos but when I was I had my Daewoo, which I didnt care where it was repaired as it wasnt under warranty and then the Yaris, which Tesco wrote off anyway!

I'll remember about the Toyota Accident helpline though! :thumbsup:

I'm now with Swiftcover and I dont have a clue what they're like, not had to deal with them much, they just take my money off me.... :lol::lol:

i was with zurich insurance and iwas lucky that when i crashed mine it was at the toyota accident repair centre within a couple of hours after the crash. i highly recommend them. altho im not with them now im with adrian flux :D

thanks guys your support is greatly appreciated. Too far down the rabbit hole now to use the accident helpline.

But Bristol Pioneer park are doing me a letter explaining to the Financial Obudsman Service the deal with the warranty and why it needs the level of repair it does. Wahoo.... But they reckon the Insurance company have said they'll cough up. ????

So it goes in monday, i get a kick **** 3 cylinder yaris, that saves me a fortune in fuel. I really want a aygo this time, but only yaris' available at this one i think.

A lot of the insurers out there are the same, its not just Tesco, who are underwritten by Direct Line ;)

As for Toyota Insurance, they aint much better, as they are underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance! :!Removed!: :lol:

And Direct Line is under Royal Bank Of Scotland.....

nuff said .... frickin cadburry cream egg givin 'HALLEFRICKINLUJAH' muppets..... dont ask :lol:

Hey! Dealing with RBS is a joy and a pleasure compared to Halifax/Bankof Scotland - what bunch to "flip"tards they are...

A

Wahoo my car went in yesterday!!! Shiny Yaris parked on my drive... I like to think i'm doing my bit for the environment at the moment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links