Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Terry Tate

Bibbs

Damn you people and your YouTube vids.. can't get them in this $hit place full of complete and utter b@s**rds..

Man, I love my job, it's awesome.. :ffs:

There are ways around your filter Lou ;) www.imhidden.com is one of them, there are a few out there and it depends on your internet setup as to which works best for you :thumbsup:

Awesome videos...

Re: The website filter. Ta for that Leeky. Been trying all day to get on a bike website I go on every day, and it keeps timing out. Can't get on from any PC's in the office, but my bro can at home.

If I use the link above, I can get on it from work, which makes me think my colleague has blocked it. Bizarrely, every other bike and car website, I can still get on!

Any ideas? I did do a Windows Update this morning, but that wouldn't explain why it doesn't work on any other PC's from my office either.

Also can't view it in IE or Firefox...

Awesome videos...

Re: The website filter. Ta for that Leeky. Been trying all day to get on a bike website I go on every day, and it keeps timing out. Can't get on from any PC's in the office, but my bro can at home.

If I use the link above, I can get on it from work, which makes me think my colleague has blocked it. Bizarrely, every other bike and car website, I can still get on!

Any ideas? I did do a Windows Update this morning, but that wouldn't explain why it doesn't work on any other PC's from my office either.

Also can't view it in IE or Firefox...

More than likely someone has engaged a filter of some sorts. I can get round most filters with imhidden.com. And for those i cant i use another....havent got the address with me at the mo but will post it up later :thumbsup:

Bizarre. I can get on said website on the main servers, but not from a PC.

I would've thought the filter would've also affected the PC, would also dictate the web content on the primary domain server too, which our internet connection runs through?

Bizarre. I can get on said website on the main servers, but not from a PC.

I would've thought the filter would've also affected the PC, would also dictate the web content on the primary domain server too, which our internet connection runs through?

Could be login specific .. Have you got different profiles setup?

Admin logins could have less restrictions.

There are ways around your filter Lou ;) www.imhidden.com is one of them, there are a few out there and it depends on your internet setup as to which works best for you :thumbsup:

No go I'm afraid.. www.imhidden.com is 'access restricted' (in scary big red letters with a 'your ID has been logged with the technical team' threat).. G1ts.. not like I'm looking at anything that dodgy..

True, logging on as Admin on servers., but I'm an admin myself, so unless it's PC specific?

Although when I asked him, he said no changes had been made anywhere, and he got the same problem on his machine.

He's not the sort of person that would hide it from me - he'd just come out and say "I blocked it because...."

Are you using a proxy?

This setup im working on at the moment for example - all the workstations are setup using a proxy server. The server itself isnt so doesnt get filtered.

I assume that the filtering is Proxy based rather than on your Gateway/Router/Firewall/Connection otherwise the server would deffo get filtered too.

Also are the workstations using the same DNS servers as the server? Could be filtering is done at ISP level and the server using a different DNS server with no restrictions.

:thumbsup:

We're not using a proxy, no.

Trying to find out what the updates were I installed earlier. Wonder if Microsoft in their infinate wisdom, have made my life interesting once again!

Maybe it is a DNS issue then... or.... what about if you ping the url? get a reply?

Could be. Bit of a sod, as I'm more Desktop orientated support, whereas my colleague is the network administrator.

I'll have to keep searching. It's not a major problem - only a PITA, as it's my fave bike site! :D

well if you get a chance open a command prompt and type 'ping nameofsite'

if you get a reply the type 'nslookup nameofsite'

Will tell you what the IP address(es) of the site are/is.

Put this ip in to the address bar instead of the url and you may get around the filtering that way.

If you cant ping it in any way shape or form then make sure that you setup your workstation to use the same DNS servers as the server and it should solve the problem :thumbsup:

also do an ipconfig /flushdns and then ipconfig /registerdns you might have some probs with your local cache

lee I might add that site to the atomwide filter :lol::lol:

Right, tried the CMD, and used:

ping oldskoolsuzuki.info

Came back with an ip address on lookup, but timed out when trying to ping the destination.

Tried your hints Knowlson, and still no luck.

Right, tried the CMD, and used:

ping oldskoolsuzuki.info

Came back with an ip address on lookup, but timed out when trying to ping the destination.

Tried your hints Knowlson, and still no luck.

Try.....

telnet oldskoolsuzuki.info 80

Will timeout with an error if it cant see it - some sites dont respond to pings (that one does for me tho)....

also do an ipconfig /flushdns and then ipconfig /registerdns you might have some probs with your local cache

lee I might add that site to the atomwide filter :lol::lol:

:lol: Do it b1tch, i gots more where that came from ;) :lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links