Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Parking Sensors

Sword

Hi,

Recently asked my local Toyota dealership for front parking sensors for my Amazon.

Quoted 800 plus VAT for parts alone!

Locally, a firm called Sunroofs and Stripes will put in some Cobra front sensors for 300 all in.

Anyone ever fitted front parking assist and know if there's anything else I should be asking (yes, the cobras do have an off switch so you're not faced with endless beeping at traffic lights, lol).

Thanks,

Tony

Have you ever hit anything with your Amazon? if not then i wouldnt bother myself :thumbsup:

And the reason the Toyota one is more expensive is because its vehicle specific. Will fit into your car and look as it was meant to from the factory.

Aftermarket systems are cheaper because they are universal fit and you'll probabaly have a very nasty looking switch that someone has to drill into your dash to fit :wacko:

Personally i'd buy neither and take longer in parking my car carefully :thumbsup:

I wouldn't bother.. unless you have a VERY dappy blonde gf and your stupid enough to let her drive your car :laughing:

yep got to agree with the others you shouldn't need front sensors! although I'm not sure about Gnomes comment about you looking forward when going forward as I'm sure you should be looking backwards as you reverse but anyway...

Maplins do reverse sensor kits for under £20 - it wouldn't be hard to wire them to a switch to make a set of front sensors for under £25

The aftermarket ones are usually !Removed! tho. I had a go in a new Merc ML (someone at work got one) last week and theres like a front and rear row of LED's, beeping sound and the mirrors adjust to get the best view too - now that was impressive!

FRONT sensors? On an Amazon? If it's in front of you it's fair game. Now something that sees round corners when you're trying to get the bonnet out of a junction.............................. :lol:

Lol,

Well, its for my wifey actually :-)

The (incredibly large) bonet kinda dips at the front and the front so its longer than it looks - and the bumper sticks out a fair bit too. Ironically, its parking it in the drive she wants help with as an error in the Amazon could probably cause structural damage to the preperty!

Tell you what tho - this thing can overtake up hill pulling an 1800kg caravan and full of passengers just as if it were cruising on the flat with nothing attached. AWESOME piece of engineering.

There is no other car I'd buy given a completely free choice of the lot!

But I reckon I (we :-) do need some front sensors ...

T

Just had a cracking idea (he says replying to his own post) ...

Gonna fit the sensors into the front grill - either main or bumper grill at side of number plate.

That should do the job without looking terrible ...

:-)

How about putting a post in the garden, and placing it so when the wing mirror is in line with the post, stop?

The Simple solutions are always the best :lol:

:lol: If i can "fix" a problem with 5mins work and not spend £800 I will :D

Wouldn't it be funny though if you realised your next door neighbour did that trick... You could pop round whilst they were at work and move the post a couple of feet further forward :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links