Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will This Past The Mot Like This?

kingdeacon

time to get my off roader a new mot this week, thing is ive changed a few things on it in last year. 2.0l engine rather than the 1.0l. lots of lift, big big tyres, home made snorkle ect ect, but the bit that worries me the most is my home made exhaust using a civic type r back box which comes into the back and pokes out a hole in the rear door.

see pic

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

um my spelling is crap, will this pass not past

The MOT Testers Manual

7.1 Exhaust System

Method of Inspection

1. Examine the condition of the whole exhaust system, including the silencers and mountings, for security, deterioration and completeness

2. With the engine running

a. check the exhaust system for leaks

Note: A durable repair to an exhaust system which effectively prevents leaks is acceptable providing the system is structurally sound

b. assess subjectively the effectiveness of the silencer in reducing exhaust noise to a level considered to be average for the vehicle.

Reason for rejection

a. A part of the system missing or excessively deteriorated

b. an exhaust system mounting missing, or In such condition that it does not fully support the exhaust system.

Note: An alternative mounting device is acceptable providing the system is secure and the fixing is not likely to fail prematurely-

a. A major leak of exhaust gases from any part of the system

Note: A minor exhaust leak from, for example, a connection joint or a pin hole, is not a Reason for Rejection

b. a silencer in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a silencer in average condition.

So it looks like it might. Not sure about the foglight though. :P

i like how you've been too lasy to cut the tin off from where the exhaust comes out :P just folded it up :P

my advice is....

get it MOT'd at the right place :thumbsup:

i like how you've been too lasy to cut the tin off from where the exhaust comes out :P just folded it up :P

my advice is....

get it MOT'd at the right place :thumbsup:

:) i will cut that off tomo.

i fitted a new fog light today, and changed every bulb on the rear as all were muddy. it looks so odd clean, its normaly brown all over with mud not black

Looks good.

It should be fine - I was told you couldn't do it in an enclosed vehicle as you can gas yourself out but in an open back like that one you will be fine.

I've got to fit a new exhaust to the landy now after the last outing :D Snapped a mounting off and gained three holes in the exhaust. Going to try and route that higher but not quite as high as yours!

Should pass fine :yes:

To be honest all your exhaust needs to be to pass is 1. Secured properly 2. Below the dB limit & 3. not blowing/rusted through.

BTW Loving the AW11 seats

:thumbsup:

[quote

BTW Loving the AW11 seats

:thumbsup:

wondered if anyone would notice

Wondered what the seats were from - the passenger side has got Gang* lean baby! :D

is the suzuki capable?

it may have big tyres and a bigger engine but i never really considered them capable 4x4's

Seen one do amazing things on an almost vertical hillside once :yes: They are the car version of spiderman :lol:

the suzukis are very capable - there's always a couple of nutters in them at our local course. They're so light and quite small. There was a nutter in a stripped out 1litre he completely wrecked it but had a great laugh! He was determined to get up a hill that was more like a cliff towards the top. He just kept rolling it on to the side but kept trying till it wouldn't go anymore :lol:

They didn't seem too good with the water but otherwise you wouldn't complain

its very good off road! ive had many 4x4's for off roading and this is the best so far by miles, its light, lots of grip, lots of ground clearence, and best of all lots of power for a little 4x4 thanks to the 2.0l vauxhall engine, every thing on it has been made water tight, and its been tested a few times :) when water comes in where the window is open you know its deep, and it still finds its way out. i have got a 4age lump and ae86 gearbox waiting to go in to it when i get round to it, while still keeping the sj410 transfer box, diffs ect.

done all the work i could find wrong today, everything works perfect so i hope should get a nice new mot tomo morning

even got the old smashed up full of mud fog light sorted

ae42bc66.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

will almost be a shame come sunday when i take it off roading and spank it about giving it loads of stick in 3 foot of mud, up and down scary hills and slopes. but its what i built it for and its !Removed! good fun :thumbsup:

Looks good - how did the MOT go this morning?

it passed :thumbsup: new mot, year tax, all working spot on :D

just been out for drive down a green lane in the evening sun with no roof, its such a great toy

was wondering if any one on here could help me? I want to put the rad in the back as so it wont get bloked with mud and over heat like it can do if i go driving in the deep stuff. so was going to get a old rad with twin electric fans and mont it in the back with the fans on a switch that i can just turn on and off when in use. would i need some sort of pump to help push the water the extra distance, or would it cope as they are? on a mr2 do they need a extra pump? not sure what pipe work to use yet, was thinking old rad pipes for the bends and solid plastic pipe for the lengths, saw some white plastic pipe in b&q that had high temp stamped on the side of it, looked about the right size

would i need some sort of pump to help push the water the extra distance, or would it cope as they are? on a mr2 do they need a extra pump? not sure what pipe work to use yet, was thinking old rad pipes for the bends and solid plastic pipe for the lengths, saw some white plastic pipe in b&q that had high temp stamped on the side of it, looked about the right size

No extra pumps at all mate. It all relies on pressure and temperature with the MR2. The coolant will initially circulate around the engine until it reach 85 odd degrees (or there abouts) and then the thermostat will open allowing the coolant through to the front - radiator and heater matrix. The coolant bypasses the heater matrix when turned to cold.

There are a number of temperature sensors on the MR2's cooling system which obviously are plumbed to the ECU. These assist with the "auto choke", but not solely.

I think if you were to move the rad to the back all you would need would be the plumbing, rad and fans with one or two aditional temp sensors to monitor things. I would also try position the rad where it gets as much natural airflow as poss.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links