Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Driveway

jay dh

i hate the driveway i have at the rented house i live in

its got -

large gravel stones as a surface that bounce up and always hit the car and hence an uneven surface

it is 2 cars + a walkway width and there are 3 cars using it, so my doors get dinks in them and scratched by accident just cos there is no room

a bit of the wall that juts out on each side halfway down the drive

bushes that hang over the walls from next door and hance potentially scratch my car when i park

there is no where else to park so i have to park there and i had to consider the size of car i have when i moved to this house (a factor why i downsized)

my landlord wont do anything about it cos it would cost a lot of money to sort it all out. so im fed up. at least its only 2 months left at this house.

rant over!

does anyone else have parking issues?

I haven't got any off road parking at the moment (just sorting) so I have to park on the road and put up with the neighbours driving into my car.

Surely you can atleast sort the bushes out - Just trim them back - if they're on your side you are allowed.

the main problem is i dont really have time, it would take ages and i dont have the tools or a ladder, it seems to grow very quick the bushes.

i may have to though...

Yup - you can legally trim the bushes back to the boundary, if they're hanging over.

Iv got a garage and plenty of space for 3 cars on nicely tarmac'd driveway. I have an empty street for visitors, an outside tap with powerful hosepipe (no ban ooop narth!) all walled and fenced off! Lovely.

Sorry... just thought i'd give you an excuse to kill me.

My rant :censor:

To get to the back of our house we have to drive though a back allyway which floods when it rains

the other day hit a stone which was uderwater and ripped the front bumper :crybaby::crybaby:

looking for anew one now god knows what it going to cost. :ffs: :ffs:

i have a complaint about my driveway...

its that i only have a single one infront of the garage, and all this land next to it to make a nice triple wide one...

now if i could only afford to pave it!

My problem is I can only get 9 or 10 cars on my drive .. how the hell is that supposed to be big enough for a BBQ? Geez, next thing people will have to park on the road.

Only complaint about my drive, is the fact that it's a fairly steep slope to get up it!

its got -

large gravel stones as a surface that bounce up and always hit the car and hence an uneven surface

it is 2 cars + a walkway width and there are 3 cars using it, so my doors get dinks in them and scratched by accident just cos there is no room

bushes that hang over the walls from next door and hance potentially scratch my car when i park

there is no where else to park so i have to park there and i had to consider the size of car i have when i moved to this house (a factor why i downsized)

my landlord wont do anything about it cos it would cost a lot of money to sort it all out. so im fed up. at least its only 2 months left at this house.

rant over!

Stop whinging, you sound like a women mate! Dont drive fast and no stones will bounce up (I have a gravel drive and I manage) secondly if there are two cars parked there then its your choice to park there so if you get a dint its your own fault! If on the other hand you dont want a third person parking next to you take up two spaces as they have no right to complain when they cant park, first come first serve!!

You expect the land lord to redo his drive, dream world mate!

I often get cars blocking my drive so I can't even use the garage. :ffs:

TocBBQFooty080.jpg

!Removed! Tocers!! :lol:

If I drove past your house Id think an Asian family lived there!!

I can't say I have any parking issues.......... :thumbsup:

My only problem is that the grage is a single and not a double sot there's space for both rustbucket and Yaris.

At least there's a nece, double-wide paved driveway I can make a mess of.

That said, that grass does come in handy...

Limace-Naked-Drive-170606.jpg

...nice soft landing :D

A

My only problem is that the grage is a single and not a double sot there's space for both rustbucket and Yaris.

At least there's a nece, double-wide paved driveway I can make a mess of.

That said, that grass does come in handy...

Limace-Naked-Drive-170606.jpg

...nice soft landing :D

A

Meant to say to you the other day. Heading down to London saturday, saw a 2CV pickup! :D

Not the nicest thing to say... why would you say that?

I can't say I have any parking issues.......... :thumbsup:

Same here but I live at my Dad's at the moment so can't really comment.

its got -

rant over!

Stop whinging, you sound like a women mate! Dont drive fast and no stones will bounce up (I have a gravel drive and I manage) secondly if there are two cars parked there then its your choice to park there so if you get a dint its your own fault! If on the other hand you dont want a third person parking next to you take up two spaces as they have no right to complain when they cant park, first come first serve!!

i know i sound like a woman but ive stood it for 11 months now. :P

i dont drive fast on it, its a driveway! i go as slowly as possible but because its uneven u can end up in a little ditch and then the stones come up at the body of the car, and if there is no ditch, they get stuck in the tyres and ruin them.

its a 4 car drive (should have said that before) 2 in front, 2 behind, i cant block others in, its not fair on them, and as i said, no where else to park.

was a good try tho!

Alan, your car apears to have fallen apart :P

Got a real nice set up at the moment, My house has got plenty of room and my garage is like 20ft by 34ft. But I seriously think I will have to sell up next year and move into the new standard shoe box scenario. Boo Hoo

Can I juts add a note of thanks to Special Red who always adds quality to any discussion, there is a term for that but it is escaping me right now. :lol:

got a double driveway and garage infront of half the drive ... only issues arise when I need something out of the garage and have to play musical cars .. oh and the mr2 can only get up one side of the drive because its lowered ...

Can you not just park the MR2 under the Paj though?

:P

A

Not the nicest thing to say... why would you say that?

Asian family that live next to my mum have 7 cars on their drive all toyotas (and a couple of nissans):thumbsup:

None of them are taxed either, come to think of it :rolleyes: but thats another story :!Removed!:

its got -

rant over!

i know i sound like a woman but ive stood it for 11 months now. :P

i dont drive fast on it, its a driveway! i go as slowly as possible but because its uneven u can end up in a little ditch and then the stones come up at the body of the car, and if there is no ditch, they get stuck in the tyres and ruin them.

its a 4 car drive (should have said that before) 2 in front, 2 behind, i cant block others in, its not fair on them, and as i said, no where else to park.

was a good try tho!

Oh well, time to move! :thumbsup: You big girls blouse :lol::lol:

That does not mean that all Asian families with more than one car in the household will be untaxed. All 11 cars on our side of the block are all taxed.

We don't have a driveway, or a decent garage! That's my complaint, so all our cars are on the road, we've got some small offices at the top and all the workers park down here during the day - so if we pop out somewhere when we get back they've taken all the places :ffs:

We've got a perfectly good garage that some1 (my dad) always parks a BMW in so my car doesn't get a look in, but apart from that I've got no complaints, I park it by the side of my house in a place that used to be dark at night but 1 night a bunch of people went around smashing windows & tried to get in my car with a screwdriver so we put massive spotlights there & there hasn't been a problem since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links