Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod In The Car

chris202

:) Does anyone here use their i-pod in the car ? I just got given a new shiny i-pod and have decided i want it connected to my headunit in the car :)

Alpine kca 420i Has anyone got this or something similar ? Its £60 and will work with my alpine headunit , seems quite good . Anyone use anything else to connect their pod ? any recomendations please

:thumbsup:

But they sound gash and you cant control it from the head unit :P

But they sound gash and you cant control it from the head unit :P

You forget I drive a Roadster, not the best sound sytem in the world, even less whith the top down :yes: and I control it with the ipod remote added to the line so it does for me :thumbsup:

I use an itrip which transmits a signal to a certain frequency ie 88.8. The beauty is that you can use it through your stereo at home as well as any other stereo ie car. It is also good on road trips as the signal could be picked up by people following!

Have to buy of eBay though about £20

for top quality sound determined my the quality of the source ( what the songs are ripped at from the iPOD) the KCA-420i is what you want. For the Alpine, there is no other alternative if you want the best sound quality possible.

With the Alpine ipod adapter, you do not need to see the ipod at all as all the playlist searhing etc is done via the headunit so the ipod itself gets locked out. The unit is top notch as you can use functions like the MX and all the other EQ and bass engine settings that you can use with a CD. BUT the Userver Interface is a bit slow so scrolling through alot of playlists can be a bit of a pain.

Hope this helps mate

Sound system sounds very good in my open top supra mate, :thumbsup:

The point about quality of source isa good one though... I find ripped stuff, mp3s, itunes lose that "fullness" of sound... its hard to describe.......

Millys xplod stereo sounds vile!!

Thanks for the info , I think my headunit may be a bit old too work with the kca 420i now so it'll need to be a new-headunit at the end of te month me thinks . I had a look at that sony add on (thanks kamra) but am not so sure about x-plod/sonys headunits???(pioneer n alpine have always been good to me) need to have a look later . Special the i-trip is quite clever but the sound quality i've been told is pretty crap ? I like my music and anything which lowered the quality or sound would just annoy me :D

Thanks guys

Sony Xplod headunits are rubbish....

the none xplod further up the range ones however are very good... I havea lovely sony minidisk one, unfortunately it is in my mates car and I am having troubly getting it abck off him :ffs: :censor: :ffs:

Alpine, Clarion, Becker, Nahamitchi and also the top like JVCs have the best SQ. :)

AS I can;t afford the alpine head unit I want, my next one will probably bea quality used nakimichi one... I also like the fact that they look like factory equipment (not big nasty flashy lights, which is one of the things that put me off the sony range!!! which is why I like their older high end pre xplod stuff)

I've an Alpine HU, and the iPod interface .. and an iPod ..

Works fine. Just setup what you wanna listen to via a playlist and then go ..

I've also got a adaptor to use the steering wheel controlls so I don't even see the HU or the iPod.

Adapter courtesy of me iseem to remember :). I thought that Nakamitchi ones dont like playing Home burnt CD-Rs. IMO Becker look the dogs dangles.

Adapter courtesy of me iseem to remember :).

Yup, and ta muchlies .. :thumbsup:

look on www.caraudiodirect.com .. to compare.

I'd not touch a Sony headunit with Lee's.

Ive got the Alpine adaptor, Alpine H/U and Ipod, no complaints from me with sound quality ;)

Also really easy to skip between playlists whilst on the move :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links