Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please You Mobile Phone Geeks..

Fizz

Hallo,

Just been informed that I can upgrade to any Orange hand set for free apart from the following

N80 - £49.99

SPV M500 and 600 - although i dont like them so it dont matter.

Here is a list of all the available hand sets

The N70/N80 are both out of stock as well and they dont know when they will be getting any more in. Also they no longer supply the 8800 which was another phone I was considering.

I dont care for the camera quality as i have a Digi cam for that. Just want a good all rounder. :yes:

Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Fizz

My son bought the N80 (sim free...over £400). It is a terrific phone and I think it would be worth waiting for it to come back into stock.

My son bought the N80 (sim free...over £400). It is a terrific phone and I think it would be worth waiting for it to come back into stock.

Aye but they aint had it in for ages and have no idea when they are due some more as Nokia cant meet the demand. (or so they say) :rolleyes:

The Sony Ericcson phones are great.

The only downside to them is with frequent use, the joysticks on them lose the ability to "steer" the way around the phone menus.

If I press down on the K750i I have, it thinks I'm pressing select.

It seems to be a common problem after a simple google search.

SPV's C500/600, etc, are okay, but the aerials in them are weak in comparison to the Nokia's.

Sony Ericsson W810i - No other choice of handset comes close ( I've only had 1 Nokia and 5 Sony's, so i'm probably a bit biased) You can't question quality - Just look at Sony's other products Bravia, Vaio, MP3 Players, HiFi's. You might pay for it but it'll be worth it

I changed from Nokia to Sony about 8 months back and have not had a single issue with the phone. I've got the 800 and love it, it does what it says on the tin and does everything well, the camera is good enough to use as a camera, the signal strenght is superb and it looks the part. Only reason I would chosse an N series over the Sony is if I wanted to put TomTom on my phone....

Sony's the way forward :D

I have the N80 on orange and would highly recommend waiting for it to come back in stock... if you want Wireless, 3G or Smart phone features like TOMTOM.

If you use your phone a lot be prepared to charge your phone every night (I always have and always will.)

The slider mechanism is inferior to my D600's slider mechanism but the features are worth it.

If you do get it I would recommend getting a 'Krussel' leather case for it to protect it as it is essentially a 500£ phone and to scratch the screen or the camera would be really annoying.

The screen resolution on the N80 is also worth the wait because it is superior to any other on the market at the moment.

Edit, Sorry just to add that the operating system of the N80 is Symbian S60 Version 3 and so there is not a TOMTOM available for it yet thought they are working on one.

The Sony Ericcson phones are great.

The only downside to them is with frequent use, the joysticks on them lose the ability to "steer" the way around the phone menus.

If I press down on the K750i I have, it thinks I'm pressing select.

It seems to be a common problem after a simple google search.

SPV's C500/600, etc, are okay, but the aerials in them are weak in comparison to the Nokia's.

I've got the c500 which I've had for 2 years - Excellent phone, plays converted DVD's/Tv Recordings, Runs TomTom Sat Nav - Syncs with Office Etc.

Can't say I've noticed a weak aerial though. I've got two mobiles the other ones a Nokia and if ones got signal the other one has aswell and the same if I go into an area with no signal - both lose their signal. Both have got better reception than the LG crap I got not long ago

Infact just looked at my mobiles - the nokia has 4 bars out of about 8 and the c500 has four out of four

I'm a cheapskate when it comes to phones - just got a Motorola V3i which is ok but the best bit is it will cost 15 quid for the year (with 200 anytime minutes/texts per month) after cashback!

Gave up buying gadgety phones after I cracked the screen on my old P900.

did you know employees of orange can buy these phones for around 25 quid , my wife got me a Samsung e800 for 4 pounds 99 , i then upgraded to a Samsung v500 for 14-99 - minimum contract is 13 quid a month - family and freinds , shocking to think retail is 200 to 300 quid

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links