Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!

RossP

:crybaby:

My carbon fibre bonnet is starting to get a film over it

I've tried 2 different autoglym products on it, and i've had limited success, lots of elbow grease, but the marks aren't shifting all that well still. Just ahd the car washed again and some of the marks are in fact starting to turn whiteish in colour. Does anybody ahve any ideas as to what i could use to get rid of the film? It's normally as smooth as my bodywork, but now, its standing out for the wrong reasons! :ffs:

Yeah, as Ed said it could well be moisture under the laquer. You need to determine if it is grime on the surface or is it under the laquer. If it is grime on the surface a cutting compound should clean it up. If you continue to use cutting compounds on it and it is not grime on the surface then you could polish through the laquer, so you need to be carefull

Is it possible if it is moisture it will dissapear so to speak?

Its been really humid here recently, and thinking about it now, has only really started recently, well ok, about a month or so ago. Would be a bit difficult to send it back as i got it from australia

Just to add that last time i polished it myself it did start to polish out, took a while, but i got it done. Is there any way that its possible to take the old laquer off and put new on?

Right well after a hell of a lot of elbow grease the marks are shifting; I'm now just having a problem gettuing rid of the remaining polish, so it seems almost certain to me that it's an awful film over it, as the parts that were really bad before haven't got a film on them anymore...strange

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links