Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

English Football....

TheNissanMan

OOOO, they'll be dancing in the street's of total network solution's when they here that joke boyo :baby:

I've got a couple of questions myself:

1. How did the other British teams do at the World Cup

2. How many times have the other British teams won the World Cup between them?

But we don't care as we know we're crap. We have embraced our crapness :hug:

Oh yeah, and we've had no choice but to listen to it for the last 2 months so we're just glad you're all going to !Removed! about it now... :P

A

:unsure: Had a British team ever won the world cup ?

Oh thats right i think i heard someone mention 1966.........like 42,634 times during the world cup :!Removed!:

Oh thats right i think i heard someone mention 1966.........like 42,634 times during the world cup :!Removed!:

Yeah, it's nice to have something to brag about though instead of being bitter about the success of other teams, isn't it?

Well I'm just happy in the knowledge that the club team that I support was the first team in Britain to win the European Cup! :yes: :D

P.S. Everton are crap! :P

Oh and another thing, we in Scotland know we're rubbish, on the other hand, most of the people in England actually think they have a chance of winning the World Cup again, it's crazy talk! :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's nice to have something to brag about though instead of being bitter about the success of other teams, isn't it?

Bitter :lol::lol:

Yeah England won the world cup , well done to them . Did we have to hear about it at some point during 99% of the world cup games :unsure: ? Tartan Army , now theres something to brag about - best supporters in the world !!! :D

Dining out on it for 40 years isn't the way to win it again though. All the other teams improved hand over fist, while England plodded on with the 'Divine right to win it again' attitude. Resting on laurels only works when everyone else rests too. 1966 shouldn't have been the crowning achievement...........it should have been the start of a new and golden age. Till England stop dwelling on past conquests they won't win a thing.

Dining out on it for 40 years isn't the way to win it again though. All the other teams improved hand over fist, while England plodded on with the 'Divine right to win it again' attitude. Resting on laurels only works when everyone else rests too. 1966 shouldn't have been the crowning achievement...........it should have been the start of a new and golden age. Till England stop dwelling on past conquests they won't win a thing.

England have a quality team as well , i dont understand how they played so badly- Gerrard , Lampard , Cole , Owen and the likes.... How bad was sven !!!!

The best players doesn't automatically mean the best team though. Greece proved that at the last Euro Championships. We had a very talented bunch out there but they couldn't gel as a complete team.

There were too many players who 'couldn't be left out of the side' as they were so good, but accomodating them all weakened the whole and when coupled with tactical crapulence from the Swede something had to give.

Carragher was brought on near the end in preparation for the penalties. They had been practicing the penalties all week. England NEVER win penalty shootouts, so bringing Carragher on for that specific purpose was naive at best, negligent at worst. Maybe if they had practiced creating chances during the 90 minutes and practiced scoring goals in open play then the whole situation needn't have arisen. But scoring usually means having some strikers and Eriksson put a stop to that one long before the first game.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links