Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toypota Bearing Grading Sheets.......

Karma Supra

Just out of interest guys, can anyone confirm if toyota grading seets for specifiying engine bearings are the same for all engines, or are they engine specific???

I cannot get hold of a 1G-GTE specific grading sheet for love nor money (toyota can't help, although they will happilly order the correct bearings if I can get the correct grades...

Does anyone on here have any experiance of them????? I don't really want to go with universal "one size fits all" unless it is my only option....

Edit... editing posts can't change the thread title!! D'oh!!!

Surely someone must have done this??????

im running clevite 77 race bearings as is my mate and they are one size ie std is for an unground crank, no probs to report, oh by the way his celica is about 600bhp so any probs should have come to light.

I have heard very mixed reviews....

What are the oil presures like?????

fired her up briefly for the first time tonight. about 70psi on idle. my mate has had no probs with oil pressure, just make sure you fit a new genuine pump and relief valve

Myth!!!

The pump does not actualy create oil presure, its the big end and main bearings ;)

Clevite will not make bearings for my car off the shelf (that much I can gues without even looking) However it turns out that they can make anything to order, so its deffo be worth investigating! However I can't seem to find their website, only 3rd part retailers.... most of which have never even heard of a 1G-GTE!

So, has anynone here used a toyota grading sheet?? I have one for a different engine, and just want to know of the markings are the same!

Not quite sure what you're trying to compare, but when I did my Sera engine I just sent the crank away to get checked and the motor factors supplied the shells to suit. Toyota had 3 different thicknesses of main for my engine, the old ones were marked up, but with it having a new crank anyway the sizes wouldn't necessarily have been right.

If it's any use to you for comparison purposes, here's the 5E engine manual .......might give you some clues.

5E Engine manual

might help anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links