Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Aygo's...

Gnome

Independant testing from Which? magazine, revealed that supermini's are the easiest cars to steal - some broken into in just 3 seconds. Not by smashing the windows either! :o

Some superminis can be broken into in just three seconds, Which? magazine has revealed.

This was the time it took Which? testers to get into each of a Citroen C1, a Peugeot 107 and a Toyota Aygo - each time without causing any damage to the vehicles.

With the best possible score for vehicle security set at 100, the three models got just 14 points each for preventing theft from a car in the Which? test.

It also took only three seconds for the magazine's testers to get into a Kia Cerato 1.6 LX, while it took them only 18 seconds to get into a new Vauxhall Zafira.

The highest 'theft from' score - meaning it was the hardest vehicle to steal from - went to the Audi A6 2.4 SE with a score of 85, while the Lexus LS 430 4.3 had the highest 'theft of' score of 88.

Of the vehicles tested, the easiest to steal from was the Suzuki Liana 1.6 GL which had a theft from score of just 8.

Which? said: "Car crime is falling, says the Home Office - yet thieves still attack 81 cars every hour, according to the latest official figures. So it seems the fight is far from over.

"Thieves are getting more professional, too. The measures they'll take to steal a car, change its identity and sell it on are more sophisticated and harder to spot than ever.''

The magazine went on: "Meanwhile, portable satellite navigation (sat nav) systems are also increasingly targeted by opportunist thieves - they're valuable, easy to steal and easy to sell.

"But manufacturer response to these new security threats is too slow.

"Makers of sat nav units need to adopt anti-theft measures, while car makers can still do much more to protect our cars and belongings.''

Article here...

Tried to get to their website, but it seems to be offline for updates at present. Surely this can't be right though? 3 seconds??!?!

That's mad, I think they're pretty safe though, I wouldn't risk getting caught robbing a car by robbing an Aygo, might as well take something good that would make the risk more appealing.

Well there could be something in this - take a look at the last Aygo meet

Car%20Park%20-%20Tallaght.jpg

Note the words "Break into", it doesn't mean that they will be able to steal the car, just its contents in 8 seconds. I'll have to be very careful then.

I remember that the Mk IV Golf was very easy to break into, wasn't there a Watchdog item about it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links