Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Help

Clueless

In the beginning there was my brothers ipod and all was well in the land until last Saturday when my old man went out and got himself an ipod nano. Now, i already have itunes set up for my brothers ipod and i want to set it up seperately for my old man as neither have the same taste in music. I registered the nano and hooked it up and itunes has proceeded to download my brothers library of music on to my fathers ipod :censor: Thats ok. Sorted that out and deleted all the music from the nano.

What I want to know how do i set it up so that each ipod only downloads without sharing? I have choosen the manual song selection but i'm still looking at my brothers library of music whenever i plug in the nano.

Help please :crybaby:

This thing is starting to wreck my head.

I dont think you can have more than 1 library per machine?

As you say, you can select manual upload - but i cant think how to have both working at the same time?

If your using XP or 2000 create another user profile and iTunes should treat each profile as completely different libraries.

I think....

I'm running each ipod seperately not at the same time. What i want to know is if it is possible to configure itunes to read them seperately? And if so, how? :(

iTunes sucks monkey hair IMHO. If you want to transfer music to your ipod go buy Anapod for like $30. Then use Foobar for playing music. Itunes has a function in the preferences so it does not totally take over your PC, but it still does take it over.

This probably does not help u much, but hey

Cheers Robie and Johndcfc. :thumbsup: Thats that problem sorted.

Now, another question.....does not itunes find album art when transfering from disc to library like windows media player?

I know my brother searches thru google, saves to computer and then adds to itunes but that to me is bit like too much work.

Does anybody know of an easier way?

P.S.

Chyownster

" iTunes sucks monkey hair IMHO."

I agree with you :yes:

As far as I know, iTunes only provides album art for the albums/tracks you buy from iTunes.

Yes, finding art can be a pain for tracks from (ahem) elsewhere.

cough! Amazon cough! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links