Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Well The Time To Sell My Mr2 Finally Came...

CraigT

It had been on the cards for a while now and a few days ago it finally happened. Due to various reasons, one of which is that I need a four seater car for my 3 yr old daughter.

Anyway I called into a local car garage (incidentally where I bought my MR2) and after a test drive I had decided on my next car.....a Toyota Celica (2002 model). So with great sadness and nearly 3 years of fond memories I said goodbye and stepped out of the MR2 for the last time.

Thank you to all the cool guys and gals that have provided me with valuable MR2 related info over the last couple of years, youve been very helpful, and on that note I leave you with some pictures, one of the old and a couple of the new.......

80174968_1651e712c5_o.jpg

185870794_a365eeb802_o.jpg

185870791_cab91ef824_o.jpg

185870789_e25b9de9da_o.jpg

185662286_672697cf2d_o.jpg

185666064_419827ebf3_o.jpg

185666067_18f9d63e0b_o.jpg

185666068_4a31a97ca9_o.jpg

Very nice mate.

Shame to see you leave the MR2 scene... but nice to see you've stayed Toyota!

I'm sure you'll keep popping in to the MR2 section!

Take care bud. :thumbsup:

It's difficult to move on from a 2 but you've made a good choice. Hope you enjoy the Celica as much and glad you're still on the Toyota band wagon.

Joe

aww man.. shame to see it go... I know exactly how you feel having sold mine last Sept.

Strangely enough I have too moved to a Celica as well. All be it not as new as yours.. :rolleyes:

Good looking car there fella. :thumbsup:

Cheers guys, if the Celica is anywhere near as reliable as my MR2 i'll be a happy guy. In all the time I owned the MR2 I never had anything major go wrong with it. You cant even say that about a lot of brand new cars.

Nice cars! :drool: :D

Suppose the Celica is alright, for a Gen 7 :lol: :P

HAH!! You can talk Gen 6 boy. :P :lol:

Congrats on the purchase Craig. Hope it`s everything you want it to be. :yes::thumbsup:

HAH!! You can talk Gen 6 boy. :P :lol:

Congrats on the purchase Craig. Hope it`s everything you want it to be. :yes::thumbsup:

Gen 6 boy, and proud of it! :P :lol:

How does it feel going from MR to FF? :P celica looks nice, very lush red colour on it!!

Its a totally different drive. So much so that its hard to compare the two at all. both are amazing cars to drive in their own ways.

To be honest, If I had enough money I would have kept the MR2 as well.

Its a totally different drive. So much so that its hard to compare the two at all. both are amazing cars to drive in their own ways.

Prices are always dropping bud.. so a weekend car in the future wont be as expensive as you might think. :thumbsup:

Prices are always dropping bud.. so a weekend car in the future wont be as expensive as you might think. :thumbsup:

Yeah maybe one day I'll be able to snag one of those rev5 metallic purple (cosmos blue?) MR2's that are so few and far between B)

Indeed.. Rash has recently sold one.. its the best colour for the MR2 by far. :)

Dear God How Could You?

Dont get me wrong, your new motor is nice but that was a fine example of pure motoring bliss. Give it a few months and you will regret it.....

Dear God How Could You?

Dont get me wrong, your new motor is nice but that was a fine example of pure motoring bliss. Give it a few months and you will regret it.....

I was regretful from the moment I decided that a new car was on the cards. Id had a lot of fun in ther MR2 but knew I had to find a more 'practical' replacement and believe me that wasnt easy. I just couldnt find ANYTHING that came close.

Of course its no MR2, but is saying that the new shape MR2 isnt an MR2 to me either. Mk2 all the way!

My one wish was that they would make a new model of MR2 (Mk4) and base it on the Mk2 design but I guess it was never to be! :crybaby:

Very nice car you have brought there mate :thumbsup: What model is it mate the 140bhp or the 189bhp??

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links