Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wierd Alarm Problem

Kerby

well tonight i was cleanin my car when i was called in cos my tea was ready. i come back outside to carry on cleanin it and i couldnt get back into my car. i was pressin the buttons on the key with no joy. i then went to try the other 3 remote keys i have and still nothin. so thinkin it was somethin wrong with the alarm i took the Battery off to try and reset it and i was still havin the same problem.

anyway i got into the car (the alarm didnt go off for some wierd reason) and went for a drive to see if that will sort it out. low and behold i get out the car after 5 min and drivin and it is workin fine. i then get a text message off my mum saying she is havin the same problem with her alarm but the alarm was going off when she opened the door. so i go back home get out my car and go to lock it with the button but it wont lock. the same problem once again. i then looked across the road and 2 of my neighbours are having the same problem. so i move my car 20 metres up the road and it works fine. i move it 20 metres in the other direction its working fine. just around my house seems to be having the problem. oh and my next door neighbours wireless door bell keeps ringing on its own as well. anybody got any ideas? i am a little worried just incase someone is doing this on purpose to steal a car or somethin.

Probably just some interference in your area.... not sure what would cause it... maybe radio masts or a very very strong signal from elsewhere which is affecting your cars and your neighbours doorbell...

Not sure but does sound strange!

There was a problem like that at trax a few years back where people we jamming the signals to make it easier to steal your car

like i said earlier, block it in with your mums!

well tonight i was cleanin my car when i was called in cos my tea was ready. i come back outside to carry on cleanin it and i couldnt get back into my car. i was pressin the buttons on the key with no joy. i then went to try the other 3 remote keys i have and still nothin. so thinkin it was somethin wrong with the alarm i took the battery off to try and reset it and i was still havin the same problem.

anyway i got into the car (the alarm didnt go off for some wierd reason) and went for a drive to see if that will sort it out. low and behold i get out the car after 5 min and drivin and it is workin fine. i then get a text message off my mum saying she is havin the same problem with her alarm but the alarm was going off when she opened the door. so i go back home get out my car and go to lock it with the button but it wont lock. the same problem once again. i then looked across the road and 2 of my neighbours are having the same problem. so i move my car 20 metres up the road and it works fine. i move it 20 metres in the other direction its working fine. just around my house seems to be having the problem. oh and my next door neighbours wireless door bell keeps ringing on its own as well. anybody got any ideas? i am a little worried just incase someone is doing this on purpose to steal a car or somethin.

Maybe there was a U.F.O. overhead. After all tis the Crop circle season again :eek: According to the photos, they are doing them in 3-d this year B)

Probably just some interference in your area.... not sure what would cause it... maybe radio masts or a very very strong signal from elsewhere which is affecting your cars and your neighbours doorbell...

Not sure but does sound strange!

Wouldnt he have noticed it before though ? !Removed! strange.....

Time to invest in a nice steering wheel lock ? I paid £90 for mine (Full steering wheel cover one) worth it for the peace of mind if i'm leaving the car somewhere i''d rather not be :)

yeah i have a nice big steering lock to go on. it only started at about 7.30 tonight, not a clue why

kerby

Tis weird but.... on one of my older cars there was a club I used to go to n parked anywhere near I could always arm but never disarm -with smoothed door locks I used to have to climb through the boot pop the doors sit in it and then the alarm would disarm, after it had gone off from opening the boot(Never looked cool leaving there)!! think that was a Toad but not sure. Why it would randomnly start happening outside your house I do not know..... Take it your's is the standard Toyota??

Chris stayed at Shane's last night I think... hence the post from his account... didnt want to risk it methinks...

was most odd tho.... if it had been interferance.. you woulda thought mighta seen it before.. hmmmm

My alarm went off randomly a couple of weeks back, i didnt think much of it at the time.

But then about a week later, the alarm wouldnt arm or anything?! I had to re-code the handset to the alarm and touch wood, its been fine since :)

There's a phone mast currently going up on the side of my dads church... I hope it doesn't affect us! Mind you, it's beaming 30 miles over our heads!

I remember hearing about this before, it's very odd - never experienced any problems myself, is a bit worrying though :unsure:

Plus who would want to rob your yaris :P :lol: ;)

Any1 with eyes

haha cheers kev :thumbsup:

Specsavers.jpg

HaHa :P

Errr Dave.... did you not have a Yaris once :P .... you go turn your back on us in your hoity toity Corolla, but remember.... we made you who you are! :lol::lol:

well just had one problem fixed at toyota FOC :o believe it or not. remember me sayin the alarm didnt go off when the door was opened well it turned out to be the bonnet sensor wasnt being pressed properbly by the new bonnet :P but we are still havin the problem with the remotes like this mornin. we had workmen turn up to fit a new door. he managed to lock it but then couldnt get in his van again. job stopped lol anyway a neighbour has been knocking on doors askin around to no avail. so they are contacting the police to see what can be done

I read about this happenign recently, but it went one stage further... cars were driving along hapilly and having a total eletronic shut down, other locals had alarm problems....

it turned out it was the local plod station with a new uprated radio antenna..... it was literally frying electronics.....

I wonder what all these stray radio waves do to us??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links