Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picpics Of My New 2 - What Do You Think Of Him

ELLIE

Well my old MK1 drove off into the sunset just 3 short weeks ago, I'll miss old Mable, she was reliable, great fun to be with and a I feel a great surge of remorse when I pushed her out of the way to make room for ....... well, the un-named (as yet) replacement .... ready .....

Let me know what you think of him .... Here he is ....

bigDSC01198.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

looks very nice :thumbsup: 1st time i've seen the 'mr2' sticker on the doors - normally they are situated on the rear screen.

Rash.

Thanx for all your comments, I'm loving it at the moment :thumbsup: , got the t-bars out, windows down and blasting home from work just doesnt take long enough .... LOL .... even though its a 10 mile hike :D

Nice car :thumbsup:

Any plans for it? :)

No plans yet, it appears to have already had some suspension work done on it, the drive is very hard, feels all the bumps in the road, so I guess it must have had different shocks and/or lowering springs put on at some stage and certainly done before it was imported, previous owner didnt do anything to it and he got it as a fresh import. Sticks to the road like glue mind :)

I would like to change the wheels but have to keep a level head, they are not a neccessity but more of a whim, so my purse strings are tightening at the mere thought of extra expenditure.

The car is absolutely mint and has only done 51,000 kms, it has a Japanese SS exhaust on it too. So whoever owned it in Japan must have liked modding B)

very nice looking 2 there mate!!!

if you can feel every bump might be worth checking the tracking, when i first bought mine i felt everything too.

thinking that somethings dodgy i got the alignment checked and all the !Removed! wheels were !Removed! cambered in, once it was sorted it stuck and stuck and stuck!!!

hoping the newly added type flex kit wont have a harsh ride, but with edfc it wont be a prob :)

Nice looking 2 there Ellie... but why a 'him'? :P

As for the decals on the doors... there is a Zircon blue around Warrington thats a G-Limited import.. has those door decals and a rear window one :P

Very nice , shame about the mk1 though :(

It is, and I know I'm really going to miss it, I wish I could have kept it, owning a mk1 again was like coming home for me, it was like being with an old friend (I've got a lot of history with Toyota's) but funds wouldn't push to 3 cars and realistically speaking, the MK1 would have cost a lot of cash to bring up to the same standard.

Nice one Ellie - hope the MK1 has gone to a good home! :P

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Thanks Caz, I believe she has gone to a good home, the lad that bought it looked well chuffed with it, I let him have everything I'd collected up for it including some new panels to repair the arches, so hopefully he will continue with the restoration. She just needs a little TLC so that once again she will be a stunner.

Nice looking 2 there Ellie... but why a 'him'?

Well .... my MK1 was a she, thats because she was a great little mover, I felt like I was in total control, it was real gutsy and great fun to be with, she never let me down and made me smile when I saw her, even though she was far from pristine condition she still made me grin from ear to ear when out for a spin, she was one of a kind. Her reg letters where MBL so she was called Mable.

In comparison, my MK2 is a he because he is hard to drive, with the power steering I feel he's in control of the ride and he's full of unexpected bumps because of the lowered suspension, he sticks to the road like glue, whilst gutsy he's very predictable, likes to show off and likes attention and because he's white, needs constant washing and pampering, but he's still great fun to be with. His reg letters are DKH but I really dont want to call him Dicky. :unsure::lol:

Welcome Ellie. Very nice car indeed.

Nice looking 2 there Ellie... but why a 'him'?

Well .... my MK1 was a she, thats because she was a great little mover, I felt like I was in total control, it was real gutsy and great fun to be with, she never let me down and made me smile when I saw her, even though she was far from pristine condition she still made me grin from ear to ear when out for a spin, she was one of a kind. Her reg letters where MBL so she was called Mable.

In comparison, my MK2 is a he because he is hard to drive, with the power steering I feel he's in control of the ride and he's full of unexpected bumps because of the lowered suspension, he sticks to the road like glue, whilst gutsy he's very predictable, likes to show off and likes attention and because he's white, needs constant washing and pampering, but he's still great fun to be with. His reg letters are DKH but I really dont want to call him Dicky. :unsure::lol:

Ace post; that made me laugh. So your Mk1 was a she, the Mk2 is a he; daren't ask what you think of Mk3s.

Mk2's all the way.... in my opinion, its the best shaped 2 seater you can buy!

Wop some alloys on 'him' and you'll be sorted. :P

Very nice looking car.

Welcome Ellie. Very nice car indeed.

Ace post; that made me laugh. So your Mk1 was a she, the Mk2 is a he; daren't ask what you think of Mk3s.

Thank you!! :) As yet the MK3 hasnt been tested, but I'm sure I'll be making the odd comment or two when I have :driving:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links