Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 3 Light Conversion - Hard?

Billy C

Can anyone who has done this advise me how hard this is. Is it a straight swap?

I am getting an MR2 Turbo Soon and want the REV 3 lights + Panel. So I am getting the bits togther just so its all ready to put on once my car arrives from the boat.

Please advise how hard/simple it is as i want to know what i'm getting myself in for.

It's not a straight swap, some wires have to be rearranged (i.e. cut an extended to the correct location....) to take account of the centre reversing lights. But - rev 3 lights can cost a forture, have you looked at http://www.revision6.com at these alternatives, quite pricy, but I think they look loads better .....

Swapping to Rev 3 lights isn't to hard as long as you take a slow and methodical aproach to the swap over and do the cabling bit by bit.

As Dame already said, the Revision 6 conversion IMO looks a lot better and is very easy to setup, the instructions which come with the kit are easy to follow and logically placed. Alternatively last month's Max Muppet max (sorry for swearing on the forum) has a fitting guide which I believe has photo's (Patrick is also good at answering any queries by email).

Rev 6 light conversion costs approx £350 I believe. All that needs doing after that is painting.

I think the rev3 looks better, in keeping with the MR2, those leds just don't do it for me.

I'll see if theres any info on IMOC.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Looked into this.. I think you have to beat the rear slam pannel or something to get the center part to fit... I'm sure there is some bodywork that needs doing.

Might be wrong.

I didnt think there was any bodywork that needed doing unless you got the rear clusters from the rev5 which had a different fitting ?

I didnt think there was any bodywork that needed doing unless you got the rear clusters from the rev5 which had a different fitting ?

Oooooh!.. not sure then.. I remember reading a 'How-to' last year and I'm sure it said something about body work. If it is that easy I might look into it. I dont like where the reverse lights are tho.

'Take a deep breath and gently hammer the body panel in to provide clearance for the new reversing lights. If you hold an old towel over the panel as you hammer you should be able to avoid chipping the paint. It only took me about 30 seconds of gentle hammering before I'd provided enough space for the center panel to fit. '

Its the same site I saw last year... it would look good when its done but I dont like the idea of doing that!

Yeah the hammer to the bodywork doesn't fill me with much joy either :lol:

I think me and my mate will have a dig and if its not too hard then we'll do it. if we get unstuck then I'll hand it over to the body shop to deal with.

:thumbsup:

Billy,

Have you looked at the video on the Revision 6 site - might convince you in that direction :) - the LED's look awesome in the Vid and I've seen Ryan's in the flesh - lovely :)

Have you looked at the video on the Revision 6 site - might convince you in that direction :) - the LED's look awesome in the Vid and I've seen Ryan's in the flesh - lovely :)

Do you have a URL to that site?

Do you have a URL to that site?

REVISION6 WEBSITE

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links