Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ten Of The Best 5

Boro Sera

Well, what can I say.

Good food ( if a bit stingy on the portions ) beforehand.........

Good Company,

Good Laugh.

Another day in the sunshine at Ten of the Best near York. Some Stunning cars on display as always........some of which actually had the nerve to perform well too ! Quite a few sub-10 runs being posted in the morning session.

There's always a lull round about lunchtime at TOTB so this year a few of us decided to check out the Aircraft Museum next door. If you're into wars and old planes etc it's well worth the visit ( and the Magnums were 90p cheaper than they were from the 'Gougers' at TOTB. )

Apart from the quarter mile runs, TOTB also has a handling track set out for drivers to prove that they can actually go round corners too. This is usually the best entertainment and many a cheer came from the public as cones went flying and people 'got it wrong'. Huge sympathies to the guy in the RS Cosworth who's engine started to play a very loud Death Rattle just after starting a lap, and the guy in the Fiat ( think ) who ground to a halt right in the middle of the track when his wheel decided to shear off and go exploring on it's own.

Big thanks to Mo, Dale, Les, Anne, Davy and Mrs, Moffmo, Chris and guest ( ? ), Rob, Tegan, Graham, Earpl, Lee, anyone I've forgotten ( I blame the sunshine ), His holiness the Pope etc. for another Great day out.

I have no idea who won what today as I nicked off before the annual traffic jam :thumbsup:

What can I add.....

£20 each entry, rip off prices for drinks ,food etc, interesting to start with progressing to boring, great to see fellow tocers (made the trip worthwhile :thumbsup:) not a cat in hells chance that I will go next year. ;)

So there you have it... :yes:

I'm sure that this event will appeal to a lot of people but as far as it goes with me I would sooner buy several bottles of red and chill with friends :thumbsup:

Cracking day! Couldnt have asked for more :)

had a good stumble around the air museum, and the cars were impressive as ever

very happy to see the Dodge Viper LOOSE IT IN A STRAIGHT LINE once again justifying how crap american muscle really is :lol:

We had a great trip down, especially over the A66 when a chaved up fiesta tried to... err ooops did i say A66?.. i meant private streatch of road on way down.. anyhoo, he got sorted ;).. TOTB.. some cracking cars on show, and some good racing. Unfortunately the Envy Supra only managed 1 run, and during that run the clutch pedal stuck to ther floor on a change... needless to say it was terminal damage (an oil seal if i remember?).. There was also an incident on the drag strip when someones passenger door came flying off.. it shot into the air before exploding onto the strip :lol:

Was fantastic to meet up with a good bunch of TOCers once again.. and Moffmo, if you get anymore 19p Irn Bru, give us a shout :lol:.. Thanks to everyone for a good day out, sorry to Les and Anne, had a look around for you before we left, but we couldn't find you to say bye :( but we really needed out before having to queue for two hours to leave.

very happy to see the Dodge Viper LOOSE IT IN A STRAIGHT LINE once again justifying how crap american muscle really is :lol:

It's strange really though........They can't make a car that can go round corners AND they can't make one that can go in a straight line. There is another mode of transport that follows this simple yet baffling philosophy though - Usually pushed around inside Tesco's :wacko:

totally agree with what les says. me and kath (the guest :P) left at 3pm as we had had enough. but it was nice to meet some of the old faces from toc. even tho i had met u all the other weekend :lol:

im just glad i managed to get free tickets to get in :P

Was a good day all in all, Gotta say the drive there and back was the best bit ... eh mo??? :thumbsup::lol: B)

I'll agree with you there les, it is a rip off at £20 per person, and the food prices... id rather go hungry :wacko: ... I went last year and it seemed worth it, but for some reason this years event wasn't as good...

as always, great to meet up again with the toc'rs I spoke to... les & anne... where were you? :crybaby:

Guest rev3turbo

Deffo agreed Dale.................the Scooby????? :o :D Your MR2 is the tightest best handling one i have ever driven, which showed on the twisties yesterday :lol::lol: Thanks dood...

Got to say £20 was a big rip i'm still walking funny after paying that!!!

Was great just to see you all again

Moff you are a legend n i dunno how u get away with it all..

and... Mr & Mrs A where were you tried to call ya but dodgy phones round there lol.

So looking forward to the next meet where ever n when ever it may be :thumbsup:

Moff you are a legend n i dunno how u get away with it all..

Get away with what?!

:!Removed!: ?

Lol partially glad I didnt go now :P

Ash and I had a great day shopping instead (so I didnt really save money lol just miles! :P) round trafford centre and finished up with some Pirates of the Caribbean (my second go... mmm Mr Depp lol)

Glad the weather was nice for you :) see you all again soon no doubt :thumbsup:

yep good day out and the aircraft museum was cool too, although the old t**t that wouldnt let us look inside the victor sucked.

some quick cars there too.

will have to get the rolla sorted for next year though as the FWD shootout was won by a chewit purple corsa with steel wheels and trims cable tied on!!

plus it was only a 2.0 N/A with NOS.

oh and my neck is rather burnt

Had a great day out on sunday - always do , well worth the £20 i think, although they could do with timing boards so you dont have to rely on the guy on tannoy for times etc

The air museum was cool - it was funny watching rob in his element as he became the biggest geek ever as soon as we stepped in there! :P Me and graham were gonna go awol at one point :lol: not that you guys would have even noticed :P

ive got a got tan aswell- dint realise id even caught the sun , so that was defo worth it :D

Shame about the envy supra aswell - they dont seem to have much luck at this event :(

hehehe

could offer me all the cars at TOTB or an Electric Lightning and id still chose the one with 'rotary' engines...... and it aint an RX7 :D

the toc'rs I spoke to...

you spoke???? you were too busy on your phone :P

anyway.....

good day..... great people!

arguingrz9.jpg

Went with Rich to go round the museum but forgot our tickets to get back in :(

Really wanted to see something that I find more interesting than meaty motors :yes: (Is it worth going to the museum for a day trip?)

no les cause they didn't have a lot. newark is a lot better + they gave me + rob info about going when they open up the vulcan..... costs 50p to go in :P

no les cause they didn't have a lot. newark is a lot better + they gave me + rob info about going when they open up the vulcan..... costs 50p to go in :P

Organise a meet and I'll be up for that :yes::thumbsup:

Oooo did some one say VULCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My all time favourite plane :wub: C'mon arrange a meet!!!! PLEEZE......... :thumbsup:

i'll try and sort some thing, bt not on TOC as the days have to be prebooked and they are limited numbers.... so i'll have a look and give you both a shout ;)

There was a thing in the paper today about the Vulcan that they are rebuilding at Bruntingthorpe. Unfortunately work has stopped due to a funding problem so it looks like it'll never get airborne again. Goddammit

i'll try and sort some thing, bt not on TOC as the days have to be prebooked and they are limited numbers.... so i'll have a look and give you both a shout ;)

:thumbsup:

Cracking to see folk again! Some tasty machines in action... and the planes were nice... until my watch ticked past almost 2hrs looking at them again, and again, and again! To illustrate the level of geekiness on show from rob and chris... Tegan says to me:

'They'll be talking about bolts in a minute!' I then said (mocking the Mansfield accent of the terrible two)

'Ooh, yes, ten mil them, cracking stuff.'

No less than 2 minutes later... Chris asks rob if he has a 'ten mil spanner... these bolts look a bit loose!'

So predictable! :lol::lol:

Ahh, it was still good, even if I did take about an hour to find my car! :lol:

10mil nyloc nuts asshat :rolleyes: tut! amatures!

including dawesy.... a trio of engineers, all a bit nuts about aircraft... bad company in an air museum if your not a complete nerd!

and yes 50p to get inside the Vulcan! When the bloke explained to us i was expecting something along the lines of a 20quid donation.... id happily bung them 50quid! Especially if i can have a sit in the Migs theyve got :D

Plus York was a little bit naff TBH, all the craft were just empty 'shells' where all the exhibits at Newark are still in full 100% trim in every little way! Its just a minor shame that the ones sat outside... if not from WW2 get a little neglected by the anoraks... including a twi seater Lightening which is going a bit mouldy :(

But then again, looking forward to doing the trip again but on a day when you can get in properly :P

/Nerd mode

yep the engines were good though.. at least i can say i have now touched and olympus engine from concord..mmmmmm :drool:

wonder if i ould fit one in the rolla??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links