Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Delboy Airlines....

Special Red

Anyone know any good sites for cheap flights as they are asking for about £200pp to Turkey and thats money I want to spend on beers :P

Ryanair

EasyJet

Jet2

all relatively low cost airlines

*shudder*

Dont touch them unless you really want to fly chav...

they're not that much cheaper than most 'normal' airlines if you book far enough in advance, and any saving you might make, you'll lose having to travel from the airport in the middle of no-where to where the standard airline went in the first place.

I find Opodo.co.uk useful for flights, not always the cheapest though - travelocity.co.uk isnt bad either...

Not true Ian,

Ok Ive never flown with EasyJet or Jet2 (so they may well conform to chav status), but I have flown many times with Ryanair... and the reason I use them is because I can get return flights to Biarritz for £2.78 (or sometimes less) + taxes..

perhaps ive been lucky, but never had any big problems with them (*touches wood).. but they are also only 1 of two companies that fly to Biarritz.. and the -only- company that flies direct :P (the other being Air France... which is expensivo).. oh and they fly from Stansted... which isnt a hugely 'middle of nowhere' airport... lol and well Biarritz is 15mins from my destination by taxi which rocks :)

We had Jet2 come talk to us at uni... seemed nice enough, but that was 3 or so years ago now methinks lol.. mighta gone downhill.. :)

hey - just personal opinion.

I hate Air France too ;)

You need to remember, I tend to flight out of heathrow (budget airlines cant afford the landing fees) and go to capitial/major cities like Paris, Milan, Rome, Helsinki - in these cases the budget airlines tend to go to the 'standsted' type airports - which lets face it, if your wanting to go to London - is pretty far out of the way ;)

If your going to popular holiday destinations, then yeah, the sleazyjet likes will probably land at the local airport, like Malaga.

And just FYI - BA fly to Nice (closest place i could think to Biarritz) for 32 including taxes ;) - which im willing to bet isnt much more than your 2.78 + tax (since for the BA flights, 23 is tax) and i'd rather pay a tenner extra for the service everytime ;)

£2.78 + taxes equals just under £35... which if you can hire me a car that will get me to Biarritz for £3 you are a jem! ;) hehehe

And anyways I get bored on planes... either sleep or read.. I dont want food I dont want drinks (I can bring my own bottle of water ta)... just want no hassle and plonked right where I wanna go (Biarritz in this instance)..

May well be the only instance they are better for me... but its the only thing I use em for... would -NEVER- do low cost type airlines longer haul.. as comfort does come into it a little more then :thumbsup:

End of day its one trip of many... but one trip they do well ;)

and yes.. AirFrance sucks lol :P

see - BA cheaper than your budget airline ;)

and if you werent going to the middle of nowhere - then it would be a false economy. As i said, if your going to a popular holiday destination, then perhaps it works better...

You pays your money you makes your choice!

BA get a big thumbs up from me, used plenty of airlines before (including many no longer about) and BA are tops out of all of them

Ryanair

EasyJet

Jet2

all relatively low cost airlines

*shudder*

Dont touch them unless you really want to fly chav...

they're not that much cheaper than most 'normal' airlines if you book far enough in advance, and any saving you might make, you'll lose having to travel from the airport in the middle of no-where to where the standard airline went in the first place.

I find Opodo.co.uk useful for flights, not always the cheapest though - travelocity.co.uk isnt bad either...

Uh oh - I find myself agreeing with Fidgits!

Yeah, I'm an airline snob too. I want to know where I'm sitting and not have to join a scrum to enter the aeroplane. I want to be able to checking online before I leave from the airport. I want to only have a short hop to the city centre/rest of the country's transport network. I want the silly little tray of mainly inedible food. I want the feeling that sitting in a pressurised aluminium tube soaring over the planet from country to coutry is special and not akin to travelling National Express from Edinburgh to Glasgow with incontinent, beer-swilling neds.

I will always pay the £20 extra (well in advance) to fly from Edinburgh to Charles de Gaulle with AirFrance or BA rather than cattle-class to Beauvais that is - in a straight line - closer to Calais than Paris!

[/rant]

To answer the question... Have you tried flight-only deals from Thompson. Brittania and some of the other package carriers?

Good luck and have fun,

Alan

£200 ain't too bad to be honest. My girlfriends family went in July last year and the cheapest they could get was £280pp at the time they were going.

I got New York on BA for 149 inc taxes - was well chuffed

As for the chav airlines I'd say Easyjet was the best (plane wise) BMI Baby and RyanAir was proper crap.

IMO Virgin are the best airline....

£200 ain't too bad to be honest. My girlfriends family went in July last year and the cheapest they could get was £280pp at the time they were going.

I have found £175 and go in 4 weeks, so I dont know whether to wait or just book it?!?!?!?!?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links