Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Tinting And Insurance

DaveSR

Well I have finally managed to find a decent place that would tint my rear windows for my Corolla for £200, so I thought I would phone up my insurance company (ASDA) to see if there would be any charge/reduction for it.

They want and extra £57 ( 5 months remaining) plus £20 odd for changing my policy :ffs:

So I'm just wondering what you guys have done?

I'm not sure whether to go ahead and get them done or just wait and change to someone else who doesn't charge for these stupid little things.

So what have you guys done ;)

I declared all my mods when I renewed in march, tints, wheels and exhaust and it put my premium up by about £50. (Sky Insurance)

Admiral wanted somewhere around £150 extra for the lot.

£57 for the tints seems excesive, the £20 for the admin of changing your policy is about going rate as they will actaly have to use another bit of paper to send you an updated policy ;)

Some companies don't like the idea of tints, i'm sure they're convinced that no one can see out of their cars to drive ;)

i find that it makes night time driving in particular alot better cos the rear tint reduces the glare of cars behind

Id wait til your insurance is up for renewal and go with a company thats more used to dealing with modded cars.. I was with Tescos, who on my old car casked for £60 when I declared a bonnet vent.. (that was a mistake)

Sky Insurance seemed to come quite well recommended on IMOC.. they offer a discount to IMOC members so it's worth asking if you get one for being on TOC or another owners club.

If you go to their site and put in a few details they'll call you with a quote

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links