Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Salesmen - Please Rate Them Here

brundle-bike

Car Sales-people  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Based on experience, how would you rate the car salespeople you have dealt with recently?

• Perfection! Would definitely buy from again (actually, I'd have their babies).
    • Very good (Professional, honest, great product knowledge, definitely felt I was looked after)
    • Fairly good (OK product knowledge, reasonably professional)
    • Neither here nor there (average)
    • Not very good (poor product knowledge, little interest in my needs, messed me about a bit)
    • Absolute rubbish - just after my money, didn't give a toss about my needs
    • What? Couldn't even get hold of a sales exec. (no one rang me back)

I actually got on with Suzanne at Farmer & Carlisle really well - we always have a girly chat on the phone and if I went back, I'd only buy from her - really nice lady! :thumbsup:

typical 'false sense of security' :rolleyes:

theyre you best mate as long as they pull a wad of commision out of you ;)

I have been dealing with Paul Meakin at TNS Toyota, St Ives, Cambridgeshire over the last few weeks and can honestly say that he has gone out of his way to make the purchase of my next Yaris (the second from TNS) a very smooth and trouble free event.

Nothing is too much trouble for him, and I consider myself quite a demanding customer.

He has so far fully exceeded my expectations without putting any pressure on me at any time.

I look forward to taking delivery on 1st September and hope that the after sales matches the quality of the sales executive. (It has so far on my current Yaris) :thumbsup:

I will, no doubt, keep you informed :)

I barely need a sales person tbh.

To get my Yaris, I looked at the used cars on toyota website until I found a local one with Yarii.

none available for a while, but then the one I used to work for got one in (handy)

I had a test drive.. (might as well :D ) and that was it, deposit down.

I actually got on with Suzanne at Farmer & Carlisle really well - we always have a girly chat on the phone and if I went back, I'd only buy from her - really nice lady! :thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

Well its their job at the end of the day.... its how they make money.... its also how my better half makes money, so I can't complain about it really! :lol::lol:

mmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: cos you never care about profit margins or bonuses do you Ryan ;) :thumbsup:

Em, after our discussions I would have expected them to throw down rose petals at your feet!!!

I think that kinda proves the point really.

I'm not a fan of car salesmen full stop, one rung above door-to-door Double glazing salesmen IMHO, they'll pull so many cliched and obvious tricks, like pointing out an obivous flaw to 'be honest' and make you feel they are genunie - not to mention the mockery that is 'the trade in' - where once a glass's guide and a fair negotation, now they 'have to see the trade manager', so they can insult you while still being your best friend...

I suppose in Em's defence - if a salesmen is nice and friendly, then at least they are making the effort, and I'd probably be more happy to give repeat buisness, mainly because I've gone to garages looking at spending a huge amount on a car and been treated like I'd had a threesome with their wife and daughter then stole their dog!

Trade In's.... Ok a lot of places can offer silly prices, CAP (Current Auction Price) is a fairer way7 of pricing cars, almost 90% of customers will not be happy with the px price, but 95% of customers come in with false expectations of what there car is really worth....

Most people don't think that the car they are happy to buy would more than likely have been someones trade in which has been re-sprayed, serviced and prepared to a level where they would be happy to buy it, unfortunately we can't do that for free. On top of that most Dealerships will have to put a warranty on it and of course make a profit, we don't work for free!

We don't offer tricks, we will show you what our car is worth, what yours is worth and the value of any products included which again is the buyers choice of what they need (we will never know your circumstances as well as you but we can advise).

At the end of the day all a Salesman will do is try and reach a MUTUALLY agreeable deal where both parties are happy, if we can't do that we wouldn't be selling any cars.

A big problem that we have in car sales is that the media and TV programs tell customers they shouldn't give the sales exec any information, how would you do in your job if your customers didn't give you the correct information ?

Thanks Ian, glad to hear were all scum :D

I suppose in Em's defence - if a salesmen is nice and friendly, then at least they are making the effort, and I'd probably be more happy to give repeat buisness, mainly because I've gone to garages looking at spending a huge amount on a car and been treated like I'd had a threesome with their wife and daughter then stole their dog!

Oh.My.God! :eek:

Ian in "Defence of Em shocka!"

Are you feeling alright mate, do you want to sit down? Lie down.... can I get you a pillow, maybe some aspirin as well, I think you might be coming down with something.... ;)

hey Ryan - look you know for a fact i was offered 2 grand under CAP for my car trade-in.

I never said you were scum, just that ive never met a salesman NOT interested in profit, regardless of how nice they are - as for the customer not giving any info - I dont know where that came from, but ive never heard it.

But then if a salesman was straight with the customer about the 'real trade in' (not some silly offer so they can then look generous) or what they can do on the price of the car, rather than the old 'if i can get you x will you buy it today' nonesense...

Some traders are scum.... ill admit some of them do a grand job and do their job to earn money as the rest of us do, the bloke who sold me my cars did a fine job, even if i did pay for his holidays that year :rolleyes:

but nothing will ever compare my trip to Goulders of Nottingham when i was MR2 hunting :D

Youll either have to try and remember or go and look in gold for the full story but....

the car that was deemed the 'best mk2 mr2' on the planet and A true one off and must be viewed by the 'very proffesional salesman'

is still there.... the description is STILL wrong (hasnt got 17inch wheels), still has the 'TRD embelishments' which were faded stickers after sitting in the sun so long, and it now has a mega fuzzy picture just to add to it all on the website!

Have a lookie!

only think is the price has dropped from 8.5k to 7k..... even though its not probably worth 2k! :lol:

oh and while im at it

this evo is still there Shed1

this roller Shed2

and random other lawnmower storage buildings that i vaugly remeber :rolleyes: should rename himself to 'Homebase'

this roller Shed2

:lol::lol::lol: i was expecting a picture of a corolla :lol2: :lol2:

but nothing will ever compare my trip to Goulders of Nottingham when i was MR2 hunting :D

I dunno - a garage i went to look at a Boxster at would come close...

Advertised as 'mint' with Full Porsche history etc..

spent 15 mins on the phone before going to see it to verify everything, sounded like a great car.

Turned up - it was covered in bird crap, looked like it hadnt been washed in 6 months.

It was parked right up to a car on the drivers side

Some spotty teenager was the only person at the garage, took the roof down and told me to 'climb in' (no room to open the door).

The interior was worse than the exterior - the ash tray was broken but had been blue-tacked closed to hide it etc...

I looked at the FPSH - and it only had 1 porsche stamp, and instead of 12k/1year, it had done at least 20k between each service, and seemed terrible - and the salesmen tried to tell me 'no, porsches are up to 25k' even though I knew they werent...

I hadnt driven an S by now, and even though i was annoyed at wasting the time to go there, i figured a chance to take one around the block to see whether i actually liked them or not would make up for it...

To be greeted with 'well only if your serious about buying the car'...

Fair enough if i was there for a joyride - but i'd made an appointment, and the car really wasnt as described, so 5/10 mins of his time wouldnt be a stretch.. but i figured i'd see on the trade in...

He offered me the cheapest price he could find for an IS200 on Autotrader - i kid you not...

While his '98 Boxster S, with a dodgy history was up at 25k - nearly 10 grand over the cheapest S's, and probably 5k over an equivalent with a good history and better condition!

I couldnt help but laugh, and just walked away... whats worse is they had some nice metal on the forecourt including a Ferrari 360... god help anyone who considers buying that! :lol:

Lexus salesmen are good and the rest smell. The End.

Have you sniffed every other salesman in the world then? :lol::lol:

Your nose must be well travelled! :lol::lol:

Thought I would add something - As I have brought two Toyota's in just over a year :rolleyes: !

Lets first start by saying that the Internet is a great tool for car buying as you can find out what ever you want, so when I found the car I wanted listed on the Toyota website my mind was already made up, it was just checking it out in the flesh as photographs don't show up all the marks, scuffs, and dings etc.

When I was at the garage I had a quick look at the outside of the car (Yaris) and then a guy came over, told me a bit about the spec of the car and opened it up for us, he then let us have a look around whilst he gave us some space and I decided to purchase the car.

I was only 21 at the time and with my girlfriend so I think he thought we was a soft target as he kept on going on about buying this and that protection package, finance, GAP etc I said no several times but he wouldn't stop going on about it. Eventually he got my point that I didn't want all the crap so he got in his boss to go through all the finance stuff (IE deposit and payment) for the car, and again he pressured me to buy all the services but I stayed to my guns and said no. After that everything went smoothly, the car was on time and they had received all my paper work etc. The bloke showed me the car and showed me what was what etc which was very good. So overall I was very happy with the service I had received however the way they was forcing all the packages on me was not a very nice experience.

My second time was to PX my yaris for a Corolla (again which I had seen online) I was 22 this time and with my girlfriend when we went to see the car. Nobody came to see me or offer to open the car up, as I guess they thought that as I was young I couldn't afford it. Eventually I managed to get hold of someone to open up the car for us and he left us alone to think about it. The car was in good nick so I decided to buy it, at first we went through the PX of my yaris and what he could do for us on the Corolla.

I was umming and arring abit whether to go for it or not, but about 40 minutes later with him walking back and forward to the boss, he offered us to hold the car for returnable £50 deposit for 24 hours so we could think about it which was great. At no point along the way I felt pressured at all. Come to think of it I don't think he was worried about whether I was going to buy the car as he knew he would be able to shift it. The next day I went to the garage and brought the car. After all the talk I was dreading the "buy this and that" speech that I had the last time I brought my car, but this time it was totally different. He asked me once, I said no and that was it. I paid my deposit picked up the car and that was it. So apart from nobody coming to great me and open the car the service was great, I felt that the bloke had gone way out of his depth for me.

So overall I am very happy with the way I was treated minus one or two things. I will also add that whilst looking for a new car I spent a lot of time at Listers Nuneaton, I told them what I wanted but unfortunately they didn't have what I was after, I was well looked after and given calls if something came in. Most of the guys that work there now know my name and always stop for a chat which is always nice, so I always go back to them if I have any problems or want anything. Listers Nuneaton isn't my local Toyota but I also go there to the way that I am/have been treated, unlike my local Mr T which I won't talk about.

Finally :rolleyes: my yaris was a great little car, only had it for a year (no problems) where as I've had my Corolla for 3 months and it's already been in 5 times and is in for it's 6th on Thursday <_<

Listers Nuneaton isn't my local Toyota but I also go there to the way that I am/have been treated, unlike my local Mr T which I won't talk about.

Oooh I wonder who that is?? :rolleyes:

lol yes i have travelled far and wide smelling salesmen and lexus do seem to have the best odour!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links