Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Isp .... Help

PaulDavies

Hola,

Right I am having a issue with Tiscali and they are very unwilling to sort this out. It's a slowness issue don't even get 56k modem speed and keep saying get a technician to call me in 24 - 48 hours. Well they have told me this now 5 time's with no call back. So I am now off to another ISP's. All I need to do now is to decide on which one to go for,

I have been looking for ages, and always find at least one downside to each one. I was wondering if anyone knew any good ISP for these things

Use online gamming,

Use P2P prgrams for legal files

Need a 1 mbp pipe

Unlimited service.

Regards

Paul

Don't go for AOL, NTL, BT etc.... all rubbish support.

I've been with Demon.net for a few years now & the service & support are superb.

J

If you are having problems with your adsl line then it may be that you are quite far away from the exchange, or there are too many people using your line, therefore you may be better off moving to cable.

NTL is very good value for money and, as they do not have the technology to cap, unlimited.

I use UKOnline, in Warrington we're on their LLU service which means they have their own equipment in the BT exchange to handle your ADSL connection. Its cheaper and faster that way, I've had their 8mbps service for coming on 2 years now and its been bulletproof, fast and low ping. I've only had to contact support once, when their old billing system screwed up and failed to bill me for a couple of months and they threatened to cut me off. Got through quickly and they were competent and helpful :)

Definitely recommended if you can get their LLU service, don't know how well it works elsewhere though.

Oh and I've got a nasty feeling Tiscali don't subscribe to the migration service that all the other ISPs do, an attempt to stop you moving as you'll have to go without broadband for a while after cancelling.

Freeola.net :yes:

im getting peaks of 8.5mb download at the mo and 512k upload :thumbsup: - 330GB cap per month...so basicly no cap :lol:

Costs £14.99 for the first 3 months and then goes up to £24.99.

For that i also get a static IP and i get free website hosting with free unlimted space ;)

Also you get a free gift when joining, i got a 256mb USB Stick :thumbsup:

http://www.uk.clara.net/

£420 per year, 2meg single user line, so no plebs or kids clogging it up, mega reliable (100% success rate), excellent tech call center.... which isnt in India, free webspace, no port restrictions so i have one setup dedicated for gaming and one for downloading etc...

not the cheapest here but its worth it, and its paid for between me and me old man so works out arounf 17quid each per month :D and he uses it alot for shifting massive photo files around the WWW yet weve never found either of us can bog it down

I migrated (yes, they do let you) from Tiscali to Wanadoo 3 months ago. Tiscali are still sending me bills. I just e mailed them and said 'see you in court' but they haven't replied yet. Orange are OK as long as you don't need to get in touch with them. :rolleyes:

aol gold - been with them now for 5 years - never had an issue yet.

19-99 a month - unlimited everything - 7 emails - online support is free ,simply log on via dial up and sort any problems this way.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk

This will sort you out - you can compare, list and see reviews for all UK ISPs.

I am with Nildram, have been for many years - bit more pricey than some, but you get what you pay for, simple as that.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk

This will sort you out - you can compare, list and see reviews for all UK ISPs.

I am with Nildram, have been for many years - bit more pricey than some, but you get what you pay for, simple as that.

Well it looks like I am going to go for Nildram... Good choice sir . They answed the the question the best and actual understud when I said FUP, Which is great. The don't apply any packetshaping which is also great.

Thanks for all your replies

Paul

Chances are you wont regret it - they've been really good here, no downtime in ...well I cant remember the last time my broadband didnt work, put it that way :thumbsup:

I am on the 8MB service (grabbed myself a free upgrade from the 2MB :D ) but I live about 3, 4+ miles from the exchange, so I never see a huge amount above 400KB/s or so.

I've been with Demon.net for a few years now & the service & support are superb.

Same here. I can't comment on support as I've never needed it seeing as my always on broadband is, well... erm... Always on! I've never had any issues with my connection in the 2 years I've been with them and have never experienced any sort of slowdown like I used to get with my Telewest service every day from teatime onwards.

I'm just waiting for my 8Mbps upgrade, but only so I can finally see my router actually make use of the ADSL2 modem it has.

I don't think choosing a ISP based on their knowledge of Father Ted is very smart....

fup - from Father Ted, Episode 4 - The Old Grey Whistle Theft. Used as a substitute for "ubik" (or even "%$(") in a picnic area where no swearing is allowed.

:lol:

I was with AOL and that was rubbish then went to F2S rubbish and expensive then i went to NTL for the all 3 package for £30 odd and never had a problem (touch wood)

I'm just waiting for my 8Mbps upgrade, but only so I can finally see my router actually make use of the ADSL2 modem it has.

Hate to tell you this, but I think 8Mbps is only straight ADSL stil... Mine certainly isl ;) I did think about switching to the ADSL2 and getting up to 22Mbps, but I can't be bothered forking out for another new router and I won't gain a huge amount of speed because of my line length. 650k/s downloads are adequate anyway :)

I was with Nildram before switching to UKOnline for their 8 Mbps offering, Nildram were excellent too.

I have been with Pipex for the last few years and its has been utterly faultless.....

Unfotunately I think its time to move on.. I am getting fed up with only 512k... althiugh they seem to think I can;t get any faster then taht where I live..... I thought if I was in range from the exhange, I could get pretty much whatever speed I wanted!!!

I am thinking of going with Sky.. anyone got any feedback on ths??

Hate to tell you this, but I think 8Mbps is only straight ADSL stil... Mine certainly isl ;) I did think about switching to the ADSL2 and getting up to 22Mbps, but I can't be bothered forking out for another new router and I won't gain a huge amount of speed because of my line length. 650k/s downloads are adequate anyway :)

I know 8Mbps is the max for normal ADSL. I realised that after I posted :unsure: . It's all academic anyway, since Demon reckon I'll only be getting 5.5Mbps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links