Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Show Plates

Crisis

So far I have been unable to find a company that can offer complete custom number plates.

What Im after are some normal plates for day use, well semi-normal which I can get anywhere, with the text on it I want and the like. But when at shows I want some plates that stick/clip/attatch over these hiding the number plate and are CUSTOM... such as below: (Excuse the Civic, couldn't find a Toyota one)

051024wg9.th.jpg

Both plates would be the same size. Probably would just have a large Toyota logo or TRD or similar written on it.

Any advise where I could get these? And what methods I could use to attatch the plate? In someways the show plate could be a vinyl or simlar thats re-usable to go over the top, but most likly another number plate will be the best option. May have to end up driling the show plates and just doing the swap whilst at the show.

Any help on who could do such a job would be great! :thumbsup:

Is this site of any use to you mate?

They might do complete logos.... not sure though... :unsure:

Other than that, any design/logo writing company can put together something for you on number-plate sized plastic.... shouldnt be too expensive either....

Try these, email them if they haven't got exactly what you want & they'll put it on the plate builder for you, they did it for me within a couple of hours of sending the email, I'll be going back when I need new plates

I got my new plates done by a guy on celica-club.co.uk (johndps- i believe) I'm under the impression he could do anything you wanted- maybe throw him a pm see what he can offer .

Friend of mine got pulled over once by the ol' bill.

He had forgotten to take his show-plates off :lol:

Is this site of any use to you mate?

They might do complete logos.... not sure though... :unsure:

Other than that, any design/logo writing company can put together something for you on number-plate sized plastic.... shouldnt be too expensive either....

Try these, email them if they haven't got exactly what you want & they'll put it on the plate builder for you, they did it for me within a couple of hours of sending the email, I'll be going back when I need new plates

Dropping them emails now. Thanks

I got my new plates done by a guy on celica-club.co.uk (johndps- i believe) I'm under the impression he could do anything you wanted- maybe throw him a pm see what he can offer .

Il see if I can find him.

Friend of mine got pulled over once by the ol' bill.

He had forgotten to take his show-plates off :lol:

Yeah... hoping not to do that! Put the original plates on the drivers seat, hopefully wont forget then.

go to a sign maker and just have a sign made up as the exact size of a plate!

youll be p'''''g in the wind trying to get a plate maker to do it!

Did anyone notice my plates at JAE?

Completely custom designed by me... and printed by a wonderful little company in Milton Keynes called My Show Plates

http://www.myshowplates.co.uk/

Gave em a call, emailed a piccy... and they sorted it and they arrived quick sharp :)

CIMG0442.jpg

:D

have you got a clearer pic :huh:

As i'm getting a sore neck trying to like at that one :P

But i liked them at the show :thumbsup:

One question though!

Cos your plate is now velcored (sp) on dont you worry about them coming off at speed? or someone knicking them?

TBH if someone wants to nick my K reg numberplate... well.. they are gonna do it anyways... they were only held on with double sided sticky stuff originally... Skye never had bolts (tho the holes are there)

So velcro is just the same really... and the show plates only go on at big events like JAE etc... and one would hope they wouldnt get pinched there... as they are very distinctive... but who knows...

They also havent come off at speed (yet) and Ive done a fair bit of motorway mileage with them on.. heavy duty velcro is ace!

I dont have a clearer pic.. that was the first one I remember seeing of them on her.. but I can take one tonight when I go home :thumbsup:

I say....

Have your normal plate screwed on, and your new one... literally change them over!

On my Celica atm they are just stuck on. Get good stickies though, I steal them from VW Dealerships. The ones companies provide when you order a plate from them are cack.

The velcro holding JJ's number plates on now is stronger than the sticky pads that were holding it on before lol :)

Seat pads in the Striker are held in by the same stuff, although when you're sat in them, you're held in place by the harnesses and keep them from moving... Probably wouldn't work so well for a normal seat :P

IMGP0022.jpg

Cause I said I would :P taken tonight along with some others which will be going on my website soon ;)

Did anyone notice my plates at JAE?

Completely custom designed by me... and printed by a wonderful little company in Milton Keynes called My Show Plates

http://www.myshowplates.co.uk/

Gave em a call, emailed a piccy... and they sorted it and they arrived quick sharp :)

I noticed them, I was going to use that Company to get some dead basic ones done for the Yaris - I emailed them with a quick query but due to shortage of funds didnt follow up. They replied very promptly and were more than willing to help so that's given me faith :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links