Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aw11

Jones~32

WOW :eek: that's good find -

jones32 all you gotta do now is find me a UK AE86 like that :thumbsup:

Rash.

I'll keep me eye out for you Rash :lol::lol::lol:

Legs get realistic about the car. It would be an honour to own it. But what do you do with it?

Drive it like like the cars were originally intended? It will always be a low mileage car and retain a fair amount of it's purchase price, but as the miles pack on it will depreciate.

I agree, I think it will be bought by someone who wanted to buy one when they where new and couldnt for some reason or other. But lets also look at the fact that it will have been unused for so long, wont the tyres be in a somewhat shipshod condition? Maybe some of the rubber components be perishing? How often has the engine been turned over? And if its never been used, and the warranty long since void, think of the repairs, unless .... the car was reputedly in a Toyota showroom, perhaps they did the modifications during the recalls anyway.

On the other hand do you continue to store it in a temperature controlled environment and trailer it to shows? This is the only way it will really hold it's value. Not my idea of fun, but maybe someone elses? For this reason only a true enthusiast/collector could use it.

Nooooooooo.....it should be used, everyone is excited about this little gem, its got more than "WOW" factor, the owner will probably swell with pride at all the wonderful comments and air space its getting but that would be all he got out of it, like you say that might be enough for some. IMHO that wouldnt be enough for me, I'd have to drive it, I couldnt spend all that money just to sit and look at it. It'd be much cheaper to put a poster on my wall :lol:

Yeah but its got thee horrible blue interior lol :!Removed!: :P

...not a fan of blue interior tho either Teegs hehehe :P but Helios is a lovely colour

Cheers girls - I happen to luuurve Murray's 70's esque blue velour thank you very much! :laughing: :laughing: :P

Would love to have that car in storage apart from a few special meets of the year, JAE etc :D

Whaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?? :blink::lol:

I know, it's a fine line but as it has already been extremely well preserved it would be an amazing car to have as a real show piece and concourse example....

How many Mk1's would be in that condition for a consourse display model

I just would be able to resist thrashing it around a track...

I mean how many people have driven a brand new MK1 at full tilt and to the limit? Would be awesome B)

It would be interesting to see how it behaved in comparison to my modified car :D

I heard/read somewhere that one of the MR2 clubs were trying to buy it (IIRC, it was the DC) so they could store it and trailor it all over the place. A good idea... but a waiste.

But it's a car, not an ornament. Poor thing's already been couped up. Needs a good blat! :P :laughing:

My thoughts exactly :D :lol:

TBH for that sort of money would be tempted to get something else. Could easily get a cheaper 2 and something else for that money.

Its ok guys.... if Ryan got it, I guarantee I'd nab the keys and take her for a blast :lol::lol:

:lol: Glad to hear it! :D :thumbsup:

As said on previous post I work in the trade and have HPI'd this car and appears 100% legit. Would love to have the money to buy this car but don;t at this time...

I'm amazed it didnt sell.... but it'll only sell for what people are willing to pay and the guys reserve was too high obviously...

I'd be interested to know exactly how much he wants for it...

Saying that, unless I get a substantial inheritance, I wont be affording it either.... :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links