Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Failed Mot :-(

Vix

Gutted!

Offside rear brake caliper is seized, tried to fix it yesterday for a re-test tomorrow but its gone back to being pretty bad again today, don't notice it while driving but obviously shows up badly on the test.

Anyone else have trouble with their calipers seizing?

We did the front passenger side a while back and changed the pads at the same time which has fixed that one.

It's my first failure in 3 years of ownership, GUTTED! :(

Also, has anyone used the Toyota caliper refurb kit? would like to know cos I don't wanna be shelling out for new caliper just yet, I will have to atleast change rear pads and rear possibly discs.

Taking it to another MOT/garage guy who I sould've gone to in the first place cos he would've fixed it for me no fuss but like a fool I took it to Toyota cos they do MOTs at weekends.

I know that the wifes has new rear calipers and Ive been told that its a common problem.. try Kevin at Envy - he should know if the refurb kits are worth trying?

I spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with Peter from Sbits on Friday, as my brakes are complete ****.

I was about to order a refurb kit from him, but he said first of all, strip them down, clean, grease etc and then re-build.

So i'll be doing that first before I start shelling out money.

Cheers for replies.

I'm off to the local garage tomorrow morning to see what they say as they may be able to get it to pass the MOT with a bit of fiddling with the caliper.

We did manage to free it yesterday, so if they can sort it out then I can look at stripping them down at the weekend (or rather I will hand spanners to a man that can) ;)

If the stripping down doesn't help then I'll look at a new getting a new caliper.

Trying not to think about it now cos it anoyed the hell out of me yesterday :crybaby:

Finaly passed today, local garage free'd the caliper and did something with the handbrake cable and all is fine again with the world ;)

Been feeling depressed since Saturday LOL

Glad to hear she is sorted Vix! :D

I bought reconditioned calipers form Brakes International in the end :)

as mine were so corroded inside the pot (pistons were good) that they kept tearing the rubber boots...

but mine were front ones :P

Glad to hear she is sorted Vix! :D

I bought reconditioned calipers form Brakes International in the end :)

as mine were so corroded inside the pot (pistons were good) that they kept tearing the rubber boots...

but mine were front ones :P

Just overhauled both my front calipers with a Budweg kit from brakesinternational, total cost £81 delivered which included a new set of front brake pads. A kit to overhaul the rears will be a few quid cheaper.

Bob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links