Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crankshaft Pulley Bolt...

Jesus

As the topic title says, is the crankshaft pulley bolt right hand threaded or left hand threaded... i.e. is it CW to undo, or CCW?

A friend is doing his cambelt on his NA UK MR2 and needs to know. The manual doesn't say, it just says to 'remove nut from pulley'... useful!

Thanks in advance.

You 'presume' it would be anticlockwise but then you would be posting this thread up if it were that simple.

I take it that its a bit on the tight side and you dont want to damage it.

Yeah... you'd think so!

It's not my car, it's someone else's.

I've just spoken to Fensport, and they confirmed it is still a standard thread (undo CCW)... but will be very, very tight!

Cheers.

Some pulley mbolts are put on with Loctite and the only way to get them of is by warming it up (no good if you need to save the seal :( ).

If it does have Loictite on (You can tell because it has a distinct smell) you should replace it with the same :thumbsup:

As the topic title says, is the crankshaft pulley bolt right hand threaded or left hand threaded... i.e. is it CW to undo, or CCW?

A friend is doing his cambelt on his NA UK MR2 and needs to know. The manual doesn't say, it just says to 'remove nut from pulley'... useful!

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure its a normal thread (CCW to undo). I had my cam belt changed recently and it took the garage ages to get the crankshaft pulley bolt undone. The guy in the garage said it had rusted on slightly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links